DL Offices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DL Offices

Anyone else feel like you need to take a week vacation to get your drivers license renewed? Jesus Christ the lines are ridiculous!

In Garland it can be a 5-6 hour wait

Comment

I wouldn't say it's worth using the Lord's name in vain but yeah, trying.

Gary

Comment

Does your location allow for appointments?

Comment

It is an inexcusable failure of state government. Gov Abbot said earlier this year "the way DPS has handled driver's licenses in the state of Texas is despicable, and it has been nonresponsive," It's so bad in Dallas (4-5 hours) my son who lives there took a day off, spent the night with us in Aledo and got his license the next morning in Weatherford and it took 30 minutes

Comment

The Leon Valley office is actually fairly fast. Probably over 30 clerks. Longest I've ever waited was about 30 minutes.

Comment

try finding a small town office in your area. I go to the one in Cuero and in and out in 15 minutes.

Comment

I did mine last month and it was pretty painless. This was on a Wednesday at 9:30 am in a town of 10,000

Comment

I ended up having to leave to get bc. Went back right before closing and no line.

Comment

Find a location that lets you get in line online. I did that this morning at the Gessner "License Super Center" in Houston. I checked in online at 9:30 am and my given arrival time was 10:22 am. I got there 10 minutes early, renewed, and was out of there before 11 am.

The place is hectic and dirty but it didn't take long.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I wouldn't say it's worth using the Lord's name in vain but yeah, trying.

Gary
                      This

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Do it online...

Comment

Never had to wait more than about 30 minutes. But I have the luxury of living in a smaller town and off during the week so I can go at any time during the day.

I may get bashed on here, but I think the long waits are a combination of a couple of things.

1. Slow workers, they get paid by the hour, so why hurry?
                          2. Non English speaking people. Major hindrance.
                          3. ID theft has caused major changes to "prove" you are who you are.
                          4. Incompetent authorities in Austin. They don't care.
                          5. Ill prepared people going to get licenses because of #3.
                          6. People trying to wait till the last minute.
                          7. People that take up a lot of time because they don't understand why they can't renew just because they haven't paid fines, have warrants, haven't paid child support, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not just getting it renewed----try scheduling a new driver for their test. Here in Seguin, lots of folks are so fed up that they drive to New Braunfels or Gonzales

Comment

I won't do it, I have been renewing online for years so my picture is almost 20 years old. I look like my 12 year old son on my DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X