Large retailers and this BS pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large retailers and this BS pandemic

I am sure most everyone has dealt with, not being able to find various products in stock, anywhere, unless it's some company that has marked up the products extremely high, then they might have the products in stock either.

Then we are definitely seeing big price increases on products, and on some of those products, we are getting told that the price of that product should have gone up years ago. The manufacture has been kind and kept the prices down, but not anymore, they have more than doubled, inside of a year, on some of those products. I was taught the price is based off of cost, per item. If primers were retailing for $3.50 a box a year and a half ago. I am sure the manufacture was making a profit off of those primers at the price they sold them to the retailer for. I would assume the manufactures probably sold the primers to the retailers for around $1.50 a box, most likely. At that price they were making plenty of profit, to cover all of their expenses. But now the same boxes of primers are over $10.00 a box. I don't think the manufacturing cost went up that much, in the past year and a half. It seems to be more of supply and demand driving the prices way up, not the cost of manufacturing. But I have been told we were long overdue, for a price increase for primers.

Basically we are getting all types of stories on all types of products on why the prices have gone up and why the products are not in stock. I have been worried a good bit, that many of these retailers will likely go out of business because they still have their daily expenses, still have employees to pay, utility bills to pay, taxes to pay, likely leases, and possibly loans to pay on. Their expenses are large and continue daily, but for getting close to two years now, many of them have had very little product to sell. How much longer can they survive, before having to close their doors?

If things don't turn around soon, I am sure many of the large retailers that have been around for many years, are going to be closing their doors. I can see why they would be marking up products so much over their cost, on the few products they can get to sell.

Then there is another side to this whole deal, that I am curious how that is going. I know in the past when I signed up to be a dealer for certain automotive brand products, many years ago. I had to sign contracts, saying I would not sell the products cheaper than the prices they had set for my level of retail. There are about four levels, depending on where you are on the pyramid of parts distribution, as to what you can sell the parts for. It was made very clear what my pricing sheet was and I was to stick to that price list. I could not choose to sell the products for a cheaper price, or I could loose my right to purchase parts from the company I was buying from and potentially get fined heavily for doing so.

With some companies, they tell you what you are prices you are supposed to sell their products for, period. Then others give you a price list and tell you those are suggested prices, but don't go below these numbers, but you can go higher on the price, but not lower. One of my many thoughts, has been the contracts that set the retailers price for products. I wonder if they have removed the part of the contract, that says they can not sell the products for over a given amount? Not all companies had that in their contract, but some did.

The way things have been for quite a while, I can see where retailers are going to have to get very creative on making money, any way they can, or they are going to start shutting down. Marking up prices, is the simplest and easiest way to increase profits. But I sure some companies are going to get more creative, such as rent out their empty warehouses to other companies or create offshoots of their company. By creating companies that they can see a need for. That or some may go into the manufacturing of products. If they can't get products to sell, make the products, then sell those products. They know what people want, and what works, being a retailer. There may be many retailers getting into manufacturing.

Which I have seen multiple new bullet companies popping up. I found one individual, who just started manufacturing his own jacketed bullets, and was taking orders on bullets. For companies to survive, they are going to have to get creative, either change what they sell or what they do, to bring in money. That or a bunch of them will be gone in the next year or two.

I do really want to know where all of the bullets, that are supposedly being manufactured are really going. Not the BS stories, I get told, but the real truth. Somehow Hornady is the only one, who seems to be able to get bullets to market. I am starting to wonder if Hornady, knew all of this mess was coming and bought up a lot of manufacturing equipment or if they have bought up the vast majority of the raw materials. Why is it that Hornady, is the only company who has products on most every shelf, that has any inventory. Or is Hornady having most of their bullets manufactured in some other country, like maybe China? Their newer lines of bullets are cheap copies of other companies bullets, that is the Chinese way of doing things.

Then while the whole country is trying to get back to normal, trying to survive. The government is coming up with new laws, new rules, and goals of shutting down whole industries. The EPA is trying to completely shut down the automotive aftermarket performance industry. They have gone completely Nazi party on us. Then the ATF is making all types of threats on the gun industry. I hear that S&W is being attacked. It was said that the lawsuit against Remington, that bankrupt them. If it was allowed to happen, would be just the first one, in a long line of lawsuits. Opening the doors for the liberals to go after each gun manufacture. It looks like it is likely starting. The Remington lawsuits should have been stopped, before they went anywhere. Now that the liberals have won there, they are now going after S&W, then on to the next and next. That's if the feds don't just make one big gun ban, completely shutting everything down at once.
    Weaken the gun companies, gun product retailers, and anyone else they want to destroy, with a pandemic. Shut down their ability to manufacture and sell products, so they have very little income, but still have the expenses. Use the BS story of, it for the public's safety, that we are shutting down, all of these large industries. Then attack them, with unlimited China supplied funding, in legal battles to finish them off, if needed.

The US has been known as an industrial giant for over 100 years. But our industrial might has had it's knees taken out from under it. That how we won WW II, with our ability to quickly produce huge quantities of weapons and other products. But now we can't get anything manufactured. Nobody seems to be able to explain why. Possibly the government giving a good percentage of the work force, free money to just sit at home and smoke weed. Then the government tells the large corporations they can't do this, can't do that. Because of they would be risking their employee's safety, and the government, can't allow capitalist to endanger the lives of the public. By allowing them to show up for work. So the government gives the work force free money and tells them, they will take care of them.

So at this point our government has shut down our industrial giant. Why? To save the country from a virus or weaken their enemies, within the country, that they have tried to destroy for years? Then who's idea was this, someone within our government? I really don't think Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton have this type of mental capacity. I start to wonder if this was cooked up by the Chinese and presented to people within our government. Maybe Biden?

Our foreign enemies have not been able to defeat us, previously. But now someone seems to have set us up for a quick defeat. Is this whole mess the result of anti American US citizens, or is this big plan something cooked up by a foreign government, then they got some power hungry, greedy people within our government to enact the plan.

It's been very obvious to me for a while, our government is our biggest enemy. It has been thoroughly taken over by the liberals and people who have strong financial ties to foreign countries, countries that are not our allies.

If people think that their vote is going to turn our country around and make everything better, good luck with that fairy tale. But most people seem to think it will all work out, and we will live happily ever after, once we get past this horrible, Coved pandemic. The government created pandemic, supposedly because of a Chinese virus, that seems to have been funded by our government. But then a lot of the money the government has been spending, came from China. But all of that really could not happen.

Large retailers are actually thriving and reporting record numbers in the past few quarters. They are adapting and buying whatever they can get their hands on to sell and people are spending like crazy. How long that will last seems to be the real question.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Large retailers are actually thriving and reporting record numbers in the past few quarters. They are adapting and buying whatever they can get their hands on to sell and people are spending like crazy. How long that will last seems to be the real question.
      Till people reach their credit card limits

Comment

Comment

The price is set to what people will pay…. If people will pay, why are they at fault for charging. Customer can say “No”…. I’ve done it

Comment

AND the "truck shortage" is being played well by bigger dealers too.... It's all a bunch of horse $h!t.... Smaller, mom and pop dealers, in the middle of no where are loaded with decent prices.... When the shortage was somewhat legit the big dealers, in populated area, learned how to play the "shortage game" to drive the prices up and make premium profits.. That's one reason they are paying stupid money for used and still banking.. Their profit margin is through the roof on the new junk they are selling. They saw the panic buying craze and are rolling with it.. Stop buying that high priced junk and watch what happens.. The shortage is an illusion folks.
            Last edited by PondPopper; 09-13-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I agree about Hornady. Checking ammoseek they've consistently got ammo for sale. But Nosler on the other hand must have one legally blind employee handloading bullets one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

The US has been known as an industrial giant for over 100 years. But our industrial might has had it's knees taken out from under it. That how we won WW II, with our ability to quickly produce huge quantities of weapons and other products. But now we can't get anything manufactured. Nobody seems to be able to explain why.
                Because we haven’t actually manufactured anything here in American in a long time. The facilities aren’t there. People don’t want American made expensive things when China can make it for next to nothing. All the “American” businesses are just Chinese resellers.

Comment

Very well said RBP. As a country we defeated all who came against us but now we have a cancer. There’s a cure for that cancer but I’m not sure that there are enough patriots willing to excise that cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    I agree about Hornady. Checking ammoseek they've consistently got ammo for sale. But Nosler on the other hand must have one legally blind employee handloading bullets one at a time.
                    I guess I’m not the only one waiting for Nosler to produce some ammo😳

Comment

Working...
                    X