Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Feeder vs Tripod Feeder

What's your preference and why?

I'm looking at getting a new feeder. Ranch King ground feeder or cheap barrel tripod or maybe haing'em High.

Can't decide.

Thanks

Ground feeders for life for me.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Ground feeder every time, ranch king or lamco. Only reason not to choose a ground feeder over a tripod is if the area floods IMO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that I have stand and fills I’ll never have anything else. Gone are the days of carrying corn up a ladder.

Comment

Go a step further- a directional ground feeder.

Comment

unless you have cows or something that will knock a stand and fill feeder over i wouldnt get a tripod feeder. I just dont see the benefit and a ground feeder is way easier to fill

Comment

Ground it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                unless you have cows or something that will knock a stand and fill feeder over i wouldnt get a tripod feeder. I just dont see the benefit and a ground feeder is way easier to fill
                I do have cows. The Ranch King Mighty Midget is supposedly said to withstand cows and pigs.

Comment

I have gone to stand and fills. They do not spread the corn as far as crankup feeders do but are so much easier. I still have one crankup feeder left and am going to replace it with another stand and fill. The deer in my area have yet to voice their opinions.

Comment

Went to all stand and fill this year. Won’t go back to tripod feeders.
                    One we bought is real nice one at Tractor Supply. It’s a cheaper version of ASF feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you've never seen a slap full Hang 'Em High come crashing down it's quite an experience.

Stand and fill all the way. Much safer and way less hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                        If you've never seen a slap full Hang 'Em High come crashing down it's quite an experience.

Stand and fill all the way. Much safer and way less hassle.

Amen. 2nd that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im still partial to the winch ups. Love the radius it throws the corn.

Comment

Tripod feeders should be a thing of the past.

Stand and fill is the way to go.

My Lamco low and throw feeder will sling corn over 20 yards in every direction

Comment

Safety first...50lb sacks up and down a ladder is no go for me. Back up the truck and fill it off the tail gate.
                              Budget friendly Buccees $399

Comment

Working...
                              X