New low for Montgomery County Appraisal District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Okay, you had a chance to take it higher and didn't. Why come here and complain?
    Not sure what you mean by "we had a chance to take it higher and didnt" We disputed the appraised value of 1.2M and got it reduced to 200K.

The reason I came here was to let other who live in or on boards in a community with HOA owned land to watch their appraised values. If we had not caught it our community would have owed an additional 20K in taxes on land that is not sellable and cannot be built on.

Comment

Why can it not be sold or built on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
        Why can it not be sold or built on?
        I would assume it’s the detention pond.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
          Burnet County added 80,000 dollars for a concrete pad on my property last year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
          Kendall county is now taxing on impervious ground usage
          And you must apply for impervious usage like driveways or other
          Water or ground change, so any changes could mean major changes in taxes

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
            Burnet County is unbelievable. Doubled the price of 7 acres we have and increased our value more than 60,000.00 on our home on another 7 acres.

Trying to get a meeting to protest.
            We have a double wide that was bought brand new for 55k. It's standalone so no improvements or land are taxed with it. Burnet Co appraised it at 103k this year. I called them and told them to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother in law is pretty high up in MOCO Appraisal. Ill express your displeasure.....

Taxes are one of the reason I left that area. That, and too many people.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                Not sure what you mean by "we had a chance to take it higher and didnt" We disputed the appraised value of 1.2M and got it reduced to 200K.

The reason I came here was to let other who live in or on boards in a community with HOA owned land to watch their appraised values. If we had not caught it our community would have owed an additional 20K in taxes on land that is not sellable and cannot be built on.
                You stopped at 200k, when you think it has zero value? You fell for their little game. To win, you need to take it to court, not some meeting.

Comment

Working...
                X