Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on diesel filters - what’s best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on diesel filters - what’s best?

Wanting to upgrade the filtration system for my Duramax. Is something like the FASS system the best for insuring clean diesel? Is there something else you’d recommend? I know very little about it.....

Teach me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year Dmax? Some of the older trucks do not have a low pressure fuel pump, so the CP3 (high pressure fuel pump) sucks the fuel from the tank. Yes a FASS or AirDog filters the fuel a little bit better, and pressurizes it. They also make noise, depending on which model you get, just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      What year Dmax? Some of the older trucks do not have a low pressure fuel pump, so the CP3 (high pressure fuel pump) sucks the fuel from the tank. Yes a FASS or AirDog filters the fuel a little bit better, and pressurizes it. They also make noise, depending on which model you get, just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would just get a Cat filter conversion with filter/water separator set. They make kits or you can DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          I would just get a Cat filter conversion with filter/water separator set. They make kits or you can DIY.
          This i think you can buy the adapter pretty cheap from XDP or somebody like that.

And then you can cross the cat filter to a Napa, Baldwin or Donaldson filter. Was going to do this to my 09 if the primer pump gives me trouble again.

Comment

My buddy has the FASS on his Duramax.
            Don't know if he mounted it or not. But it's outside of the frame rail under the bed and I can see the filter hanging under the vehicle.
            I can also hear it running. It's louder than the truck @ idle....
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-01-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X