No announcement yet.

Who fishes Trout in the surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walk the beach, see something birds , bait fish , fling the spoon... its hard fishing but once you find them (trout , reds spanish)you are in for a ride....
    Last edited by ace340cs; 05-24-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      That's old school. We were using Rattle Traps back in the 80's...
      Dont make me bust out my Bingos

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Dont make me bust out my Bingos
        LOL.. I lost all of mine, and my dads, years ago. Man some of those bring big bucks with collectors!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          That's old school. Good safety tip on the hooks. We were using Rattle Traps back in the 80's... Shallow diving crank baits, made for bass, work great too. KVD SexyShad is a good color..
          Have you tried the Mirrodines?
          Yes’r before they started making the salt water versions! Reds will knock the Fire out of them!

Comment

I love throwing a Strike Pro wake bait in the surf when its calm, some awesome strikes. I do throw it on a short lightweight steel leader just in case the smacks are around. Don't want to loose that bait.

Comment

What rod/reel do yall recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon51 View Post
                What rod/reel do yall recommend?
                You want a bulletproof reel, my go to is a Diawa Tatula on a 7ft med/fast action rod. Shimano’s will fall apart in the surf.

Comment

Any reel that you like to fish with will work in the surf; just make sure you clean it after because it will get dunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                    You want a bulletproof reel, my go to is a Diawa Tatula on a 7ft med/fast action rod. Shimano’s will fall apart in the surf.
                    There is zero truth in that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Any reel that you like to fish with will work in the surf; just make sure you clean it after because it will get dunked.
                      This is exactly why there are No bulletproof reels in the surf! Quite funny actually!

Personally I used bait casters but if the wind kicks up straight in your face you better be throwing something in the 1/2 oz range!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        How about you call me when “ it’s right”....🤪. I need about a 3 hr head start I think 🤔
                        With all the resources available nowdays you don't need a call. Just watch the wave forecast and when it starts looking good keep an eye on the surf cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          This is exactly why there are No bulletproof reels in the surf! Quite funny actually!
                          I have to disagree with you sir. My Diawa Tatula is bulletproof. That being said I do my best not to let it get wet, but it certainly does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                            I have to disagree with you sir. My Diawa Tatula is bulletproof. That being said I do my best not to let it get wet, but it certainly does.
                            Well, please accept my apology.

Maybe your on to something and maybe I’ll try one

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              With all the resources available nowdays you don't need a call. Just watch the wave forecast and when it starts looking good keep an eye on the surf cams.
                              Are there any cams for the Sargent/ Matagorda area?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                                Are there any cams for the Sargent/ Matagorda area?
                                Yes, Matagorda has 2. matagordabay.com and gomatagorda.com

Comment

Working...
                                X