No announcement yet.

Passed on Nice one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never consider that buck a “ cull”. If he doesn’t make you excited when you see him at first then passing is the best thing you did. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Passed on Nice one....

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      To a lot of folks who don't have the opportunity to hunt big deer ranches or buy deer on kick and pops, that could easily be a trophy to some.

I meant gingib is the cull not the deer. Poorly worded on my part.

Comment

I would have passed him also. I shot a 9 in gillespie the other day 143 7/8 he was on the decline i had him around 152" last year and he was 6 1/2 this year after looking at the teeth

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I meant gingib is the cull not the deer. Poorly worded on my part.

Hahahahahaha I gotcha now...

Comment

If he didnt get you excited, you could be kicking yourself today for shooting him instead of kicking yourself for passing on him [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice mature buck
              Hope you get him one day...

Comment

When brows are pretty much longer than the tines, I can't tell you which way I would have gone.

But after seeing last year's deer, I don't fault you for your decision. You obviously have better quality deer on the property.

But, if you can take a management/cull and a trophy, then.....dirt nap.

Comment

In our country it would be hard to pass on him! Looks like he's ready to play with the girls, swollen up.

Comment

Unless you wanted him, let him walk and shoot a couple of does.
                    I hunt old deer, especially if I have killed bigger horns like you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      To a lot of folks who don't have the opportunity to hunt big deer ranches or buy deer on kick and pops, that could easily be a trophy to some.
                      Well said

Comment

He would have gone down like a fat kid on a seesaw if he was in front of me. Just sayin'. But, nothing wrong with passing on good deer. It may pay you back in spades at some point.

Comment

Really cool buck either way.

Comment

Those brows are cool

Comment

You did the right thing if you think you did the right thing.

Comment

He is an old war horse.. Cool buck. Its early. I would pass him too..

Comment

Working...
                                X