The Timer + Battery Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timer + Battery Question

I bought a new style battery to go on my all seasons stand & fill feeder this year but I have a question about using it with The Timer. Its a Universal Battery model UB12100-S 12v 10ah.

It's fully charged according to my battery charger and a volt meter reads 12.6v-12.8v when I test it. However, the battery gauge on The Timer itself shows that the battery is almost dead.

Anybody have an idea why it's showing the battery is out of juice?

Should I be worried about burning The Timer up by using this bigger battery? I got it for the extra amp hours but now I'm worried about putting it out in the field and risking it since my place is so far away. I'd hate to show up in September and it not be running!!

Thoughts?

I have 2 of the same battery, one hooked up to The Timer and one hooked up to a Foreverlast timer but they both read the same way, no juice...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any corrosion on the battery terminals or connections? That will sometimes give a bad connection/read on The Timer even when your meter reads 12.6+volts. I serviced 14 feeders yesterday, ask me how I know

Comment

there is a battery inside the unit as well that may be almost dead. You don't need the battery that's inside bec it keeps/saves the times when you disconnect main battery.

edit: just reread your 2nd post so prolly not the issue.
        Last edited by chewy; 07-18-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

That's the way it is on my The Timer also. Never pay any attention to it. Been like that for a long time.

Comment

Thanks guys

No corrosion and I have fresh AA's in them

Comment

Mine have always been that way and no issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The timer has the battery indicator and honestly most of the time it's incorrect. I have about 35 the timers and they all are inconsistent. I have 10 amps in a lot of my control boxes and they work great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  The timer has the battery indicator and honestly most of the time it's incorrect. I have about 35 the timers and they all are inconsistent. I have 10 amps in a lot of my control boxes and they work great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                  Yep, I run about 15 of them and you can't trust the battery gauge in any of them. Some of them even indicate I have 6V battery hooked to them even though they are all 12V. As long as the battery is a 12V battery it doesn't matter how many AMPS the battery is.

Comment

Working...
                  X