Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
chewy
Ten Point

Default South Padre bay fishing guide needed

Taking the Fam down to SP this year and never been. I did some searches found Clayton Mock is good but are there any others you would recommend? i have a 6 and 8 yr old fishing also.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties

We’re headed down in a few weeks and fishing a couple days with Mark Guillot. Never fished with him, he was recommended to us by another guide.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
Aggiestad
Ten Point

Iíve heard Ernest Cisneros is really good, especially if you want to try for snook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggiestad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
JeffJ
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Somewhere in the hillcountry golden triangle

Lee Alvarez is good. My wife is from Harlingen and went to HS with him. He's a school teacher and is AWESOME with kids. We take or 8 and 11yo with him as often as we can. Super patient and can catch fish.

Been with Dave Edwards once when Lee was out of town. Lee referred us to him. Nice guy but a tough day on the water.
JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
chewy
Ten Point

Thanks For the info guys!

Jeff I sent him message.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
Flex
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
Lee Alvarez is good. My wife is from Harlingen and went to HS with him. He's a school teacher and is AWESOME with kids. We take or 8 and 11yo with him as often as we can. Super patient and can catch fish.

Been with Dave Edwards once when Lee was out of town. Lee referred us to him. Nice guy but a tough day on the water.
Lee is the only guide I have used on the island. He was very good. When y'all going? I will be there first week of june with the kayak. Can't wait. SPI is one of my favorite places to fish. Surf fishing is usually good too.
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
chewy
Ten Point

Hey Flex. We are going in July. I wanted to go in June but wife couldnt get her vacation time off.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #8
BigRed323
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Missouri

Ernest or Aaron cisneros. Father son fishing guides. Went to high school with Aaron and he can get you on some fish.
BigRed323 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
chewy
Ten Point

thanks bigRed messaged him too!
Old 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed323 View Post
Ernest or Aaron cisneros. Father son fishing guides. Went to high school with Aaron and he can get you on some fish.
X2. Aaron is a good dude and he can flat out fish. Check him out on Facebook or Instagram if you want to see him in action. Fished and duck hunted with him this year. If youíre lucky you might catch him driving the boat with his feet.
88 Bound is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #11
chewy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post

X2. Aaron is a good dude and he can flat out fish. Check him out on Facebook or Instagram if you want to see him in action. Fished and duck hunted with him this year. If youíre lucky you might catch him driving the boat with his feet.
haha.. yep found him on FB and messaged him. capt Lee just messaged me back but as of right now its gonna be between Lee and Aaron. they have a lot more fish pic's posted compared to some of the others I've seen. Hopefully we can get into some fish bec i want to get my wife hooked so we can trade in the pontoon for a fishing boat again since the kids are getting older and loving fishing.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #12
Hawkpuppy 1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Jeff and Danny Neu up in Port Mansfield are the best!
Hawkpuppy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #13
JeffJ
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Lee is the only guide I have used on the island. He was very good. When y'all going? I will be there first week of june with the kayak. Can't wait. SPI is one of my favorite places to fish. Surf fishing is usually good too.
We are fishing with him next Friday and at least one other time this summer. We wont be down there in June because of my sons All Star schedule. Now that we have our own place down there I imagine Ill be paying his mortgage...

Last edited by JeffJ; 04-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #14
JeffJ
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
haha.. yep found him on FB and messaged him. capt Lee just messaged me back but as of right now its gonna be between Lee and Aaron. they have a lot more fish pic's posted compared to some of the others I've seen. Hopefully we can get into some fish bec i want to get my wife hooked so we can trade in the pontoon for a fishing boat again since the kids are getting older and loving fishing.
Gonna make it easy on you. Two summers ago my then 6yo son breaks his arm the week before we went to SPI to fish with Lee. Lee never blinked and put a plan in action. I would take care of my wife and daughter and he and my son would get it done. Lee would set the hook then hold the rod while my son cranked like hell on the reel. Did that all morning and we all caught limits and probably 30-40 undersized trout. Got back to the dock and Lee asked if he could sign his cast.

Lee's FB and Instagram have a ton of pics. He doesn't post as many lately. I think guys were following him around in the bay.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
chewy
Ten Point

Thanks Jeff for that info and that does help! that sucks and the down side to posting pic's on social media
Old 04-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #16
Flex
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
We are fishing with him next Friday and at least one other time this summer. We wont be down there in June because of my sons All Star schedule. Now that we have our own place down there I imagine Ill be paying his mortgage...

Nice. Congrats on having a piece of heaven!

Any tips on the kayak or surf fishing in june? I usually go in july. Plan to kayak out of pier 19 in the mornings, surf fish all afternoon.
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #17
sahunter
Six Point

Tagged
sahunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top