RL22 powder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RL22 powder.

Out of curiosity has anyone been able to find any RL22 in the last several months? I'm just now getting into reloading again and was able to find one pound of powder. I've already used it up. I'm loading 140gr accubond for my 7mm mag and got 3325 muzzle velocity. I'm not sure if there's another powder available that will give my those velocity and accuracy.

There’s a pound on gunbroker for 100.00 with 42.00 shipping. There’s been some powder starting to hit and stay on the shelves. I think demand might be easing. Good luck in your search.

Comment

There aren't too many powders for 7mm Rem Mag @140 grain bullets that are readily available at good prices. Maybe Accurate 4350 through Powder Valley? Or Accurate MagPro through Midway? The published load data is certainly a bit slower than what you're getting with RL22.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
        Out of curiosity has anyone been able to find any RL22 in the last several months? I'm just now getting into reloading again and was able to find one pound of powder. I've already used it up. I'm loading 140gr accubond for my 7mm mag and got 3325 muzzle velocity. I'm not sure if there's another powder available that will give my those velocity and accuracy.

Keep your eyes out for RL23, data is similar but not exact as RL22 and is much more temperature stable. RL26 is the typically the holy grail for getting highest velocities in Magnum rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was loading 7mm Rem Mag last, I was using Reloader 19. I was getting 3350 fps, from a 26" barreled Sendero, with 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips, so virtually the same bullet.
          I got very similar velocities from Reloader 22. I don't remember why I chose to use Reloader 19, over Reloader 22, either the velocities with RL 22 were not as consistent or the pressures were a little higher. I remember both produced within 20 fps of each other on velocity.

Comment

I just went on gunbroker and there was three one pound jugs of RL22. I bought all three. I over payed for it $364 shipped. But what the heck! Three pounds should last me a while. I noticed the is some RL23 for sale also.

Comment

I use it for 300wm shooting 165-168gr bullets.
              Now I'm going to load for my son's 270, and it wants RL22 also! Arrrgghh!

Comment

I just went on gunbroker and there was three one pound jugs of RL22. I bought all three. I over payed for it $364 shipped. But what the heck! Three pounds should last me a while. I noticed the is some RL23 for sale also.
                Daaaaaang

Comment

Holy ****. I’ve got some powder I’ll sell you then

Jk. That’s INSANE.

Comment

Norma MRP is very close. If you can find that one.

Comment

The Alliant powders are some of the hardest to find. Been looking for RL 16 but any I see is way more money than I’m willing to pay.

Comment

I heard all of the RL powders come from overseas. i havent seen any on shelves in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                          The Alliant powders are some of the hardest to find. Been looking for RL 16 but any I see is way more money than I’m willing to pay.

The price is poop, but WAY WAY WAY better than what Mr Johnson just paid for that RL22.

They have quite a few other powders in stock, so maybe you can pick up 4-6 pounds to help offset hazmat/shipping some.

Comment

It's sad that the price of these reloading items have skyrocketed. I know who I blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                              https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...prod98659.aspx

The price is poop, but WAY WAY WAY better than what Mr Johnson just paid for that RL22.

They have quite a few other powders in stock, so maybe you can pick up 4-6 pounds to help offset hazmat/shipping some.
                              Thanks Chase.

Comment

Working...
                              X