dump truck insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dump truck insurance

I'm looking to purchase a dump truck to haul road base and aggregate to my property to finish up my road. I've tried working with a few contractors and I'd rather do it myself.

Will I have to purchase commercial insurance if it's just for personal use? Also, will I be able to get farm tags for a dump truck?

I have a commercial policy with progressive for my chipper truck and it’s not too bad. I would think since you’re operating it on a public road, you wouldn’t be able to get farm tags, but it’s probably a question for your local tax office

Comment

Insurance, I have no idea. Farm tags, yes

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
        I'm looking to purchase a dump truck to haul road base and aggregate to my property to finish up my road. I've tried working with a few contractors and I'd rather do it myself.

Will I have to purchase commercial insurance if it's just for personal use? Also, will I be able to get farm tags for a dump truck?
        Don’t know about the farm tags, but you will have to get commercial because the class of vehicle.

Comment

Air brakes? Doesn’t that require CDL as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Class b cdl with airbrakes and a medical card

Comment

Depends on how big a dump truck you are getting, if the GVW is under 27K pounds ( I think ) you do not even need a class b license. If the truck is only used for farm work I would think you could get farm tags, the insurance should not be anymore than a regular truck if it is not used commercially and is under CDL, I am not an authority on the subject so take it for what it is worth.

Comment

How far are you hauling? Just buy the dumptruck and haul. Don't speed and use your lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                  Class b cdl with airbrakes and a medical card
                  I got my Class A CDL when I decided to get a dump truck. No worries there.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me know if you wanna haul to limestone!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 8yd truck i used for personal use. If i remember right Farm Bureau insured it.I think liability was like 300 a year. No commercial license on a 8yrd truck ether.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

i've been with 1st guard; out of Florida for 25 yrs, good folks.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                          i've been with 1st guard; out of Florida for 25 yrs, good folks.
                          I'll call them tomorrow and see if they will cover me for less than commercial rates.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Picked it up last week. It needed 3 new batteries but it fired right up after sitting for several years. Last registered in 2017. Drove it from Ft Worth to Burkeville. It took a while, top speed is 62 mph. Might be able to hit 70 going downhill. Was able to get liability through progressive for a decent rate. GVWR is 35k, so I should be able to haul about 23k in the bed. If anyone wants to get rid of some clean fill around the Burkeville / Jasper / Kirbyville area please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X