No announcement yet.

Oilfield disability benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you start on the lettuce after the injury or were you not being tested before?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      Did you start on the lettuce after the injury or were you not being tested before?
      I worked 25 years with a CDL never one insurance violation. Cannabis does not the same effects as booze as far as operating goes.
      No vetted methods to to determine levels of impairment by the agencies other than “smell”.

I use cannabis to treat asthma from my chronic respiratory failure. Before finding a product that was able to control congestion well I was able to quit the little pumps of products that have tons of side effects and make me ramp up the mania. I told my pulmonary doctor that he has tried so many products that cause nothing but trouble and I no longer need your advice on medication.

He agreed and he talked about some of the cannabanoids would be helpful for me.

I could quit today if I had to with out any withdrawals. Get a recreational boozer to try that.

Comment

I've read every post on this thread and I'm still confused. I have not seen you say where the respiratory failure came from. Was it from smoking fatties with Cheech and Chong or something else. Move to Colorado and start growing weed, then you can fry the rest of your brain cells.
        Maybe this is Tinks sock, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          I've read every post on this thread and I'm still confused. I have not seen you say where the respiratory failure came from. Was it from smoking fatties with Cheech and Chong or something else. Move to Colorado and start growing weed, then you can fry the rest of your brain cells.
          Maybe this is Tinks sock, who knows.

Thanks for your helpful knowledge. I worked a 25 year career with zero violations. I don’t have any problems following rules.

Comment

I’m wanting to call the county sheriffs when I try to visit family for three weeks this fall. I want to ask how they treat people with oilfield disability that use medical cannabis. I would like to keep a small amount of flower in case I have an asthma attack. Less than an 8th.

Every agency runs different policies on how they police medication.

I’m going to make sure I understand the rules before I come visit.

I just need to come up with a method that doesn’t rile anyone up.

Comment

Ummm..........if you have a respiratory ailment I don't think you should be smoking dope.

Comment

To all of you. I think I have several avenues to precede. And I appreciate all of your feedback.

The SSDI process is just different for oilfield people. You usually have to knock on several doors to get competent care. I’m not blaming anyone that is the system.

The door gets closed quite often for the ill O&G men and women just because people are evil.

Comment

I'm just as confused as anyone. We're you driving in the oil and gas industry and now you can't for some reason.?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    Ummm..........if you have a respiratory ailment I don't think you should be smoking dope.
                    I don’t know how to answer that. I’m not sure how it works but it works very well for me. I don’t wish ten months straight bronchitis on anyone. It is hard to handle the wear down of that was. I started adding some cannabis from smoking with my buddy who is an HS super. He introduced me and told me he breaths so much better when he runs.

So I really wish I could understand how it is working for me when insurance approved options are ineffective. I have to pay 300 of a measly Medicare plan that has never covered anything for me. Plus my wife pays 900.00 a month for her employer coverage. That is half of SSDI check. I want to try and educate myself on the topic in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                      I'm just as confused as anyone. We're you driving in the oil and gas industry and now you can't for some reason.?
                      I was retired out due to long term respiratory exposure. I have worked at most every major mine, military installations, forest, tribal lands, national laboratories rail, sand and gravels, movie industry, country singers, don imus ranch and many other possible exposure sites. I can’t identify the exact causes.

If you have chronic respiratory failure. Your gonna have o2 to the brain issues for the rest of your life so you have to do whatever treatment you can to get closer to recovery.

I apologize for your confusion.

Comment

Not trying to be an *** but I've read some of your posts on other threads and I don't understand how you can walk your dog in the mornings but not drive a truck. Is it because you can't smoke and drive to stave off a surprise asthma attack? Maybe some asthma sufferers on the green screen can tell you what works for them and hopefully it works for you so you can go back to work!!

Comment

How my respiratory failure works.

I have been walking for five months me and the pup usually do 60-90 minutes six days a week.
                          I have a little routine that I have been following that has help my mind.

Equipment. 45 pound back hoe arm.
                          100 Bradford presses.
                          100 squats
                          100 counter push-ups
                          200 yards of bearcrawls.
                          100 reps tris and bi’s
                          Farmers walk to failure and back. Fifty pound KBs in each hand.

I try and do it everyday that the air quality index is below 150
                          Once it starts getting above 150 I’m stuck ate the end of an o2 line on the couch.

I finally feeling in a better place physically I’m just have to work extra hard to get the mental stuff up a little better so my motor skills improve.

That’s how a stoner is supposed to feel. I’m not sure where you guys are getting your information from but if you don’t mind sharing the links I will see if I can get feedback from some of the TX cannabis groups maybe someone can pop in and help with it.

Comment

Is SSDI somehow different for OFT than non OFT? I have an official OFT shirt and hat by the way. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              I worked 25 years with a CDL never one insurance violation. Cannabis does not the same effects as booze as far as operating goes.
                              No vetted methods to to determine levels of impairment by the agencies other than “smell”.

I use cannabis to treat asthma from my chronic respiratory failure. Before finding a product that was able to control congestion well I was able to quit the little pumps of products that have tons of side effects and make me ramp up the mania. I told my pulmonary doctor that he has tried so many products that cause nothing but trouble and I no longer need your advice on medication.

He agreed and he talked about some of the cannabanoids would be helpful for me.

I could quit today if I had to with out any withdrawals. Get a recreational boozer to try that.
                              No hate here.

Just asking how you beat the drug testing for 25 years before getting hurt.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                You come on here and ask a very confusing set of questions. Then throw **** at everyone. THAT is likely why you are having an issue with even free employment.

Whatever your goal is, I wish you luck.
                                Give the man a break he hasn't thrown **** at anyone and has been very respectful unlike some of the posters.

Some of the posters acting like their isn't drug use in the patch?! Come on now we all know better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X