Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like mentioned above, I bet within 5 years (probably 2) this will be the ONLY option. Many other states already have it as their only option. It is easier on the state to manage, and much more cost effective. Not to mention the benefits to the hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
      Good grief some of yall are either doing illegal stuff, or just have no idea how technology and laws work...

may inspect:
      any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

Your phone was not issued to you by TPWD. You will have to show them your tag e log, but don't have to forfeit your phone. If the warden start searching your phone you can file suit, and anything found would be thrown out in court. Supreme court ruled cell phones fall under the 4th amendment. No searches or seizure with out a judge issued warrant. I doubt they're getting a search warrant because you didn't etag your buck before showing up to camp.

Yes with the app open it will probably have geolocation, but that doesn't mean that's where the animal was harvested. Also most phones now you can change the setting to not let the app know your geo location.
      INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect:
      any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;
      any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;
      any wildlife resource in the person's possession
      ; and
      the contents of any container or receptacle that is commonly used to store or conceal a wildlife resource.

you have any trail cam or kill pics on your phone? Warden might want to see those and can it seems

Comment

Going to the store is too hard for some, getting an app is too hard for some, finding a piece of paper sounds nearly impossible...

How do you guys get through a day at work? This aint that hard...

Comment

any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;

The context of the phase "Any device" is meaning, guns, bows, arrow, spears, fishing poles, nets, etc. "used to hunt or catch"

"any wildlife resource in the person's possession" - Truck, boat, live wells, coolers, etc.

- A cell phone is not used to hunt or catch. By that logic he can take your wallet bc that's where your paper tag license is.

A warden doesn't have a right to your game camera photos, laptop or any other electronic with out a warrant. Not saying they won't try and trick people or mislead, but the supreme court of the United States say they don't have the right to do so without a warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Going to the store is too hard for some, getting an app is too hard for some, finding a piece of paper sounds nearly impossible...

How do you guys get through a day at work? This aint that hard...
            Always a voice of reason. I wonder who knows the difference in winding their ace or scratching they watch

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              The only remaining question is what I'm gonna do with all my unused tags this year. Can you make digital tag soup?
              I like to be "cutting edge". I went digital. Good luck to all you electronic deniers

Comment

Got the digital this year. Having a lifetime license this is the first year I could do it online.

Comment

My step-brother-in-law said that fines will be Double, if’n workers are present.

Comment

I went digital. Planning on carrying ziploc bags and a pad of paper. Write the number on the paper, put it in the ziploc sandwich bag and attach to animal with zip tie or duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                      What are you thinking for the durable material to attach the number to the animals?

Shave the ear and bring a tattoo machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went ahead and called TPWD to ask questions about this new program.

It's basically a guinney pig program for this year to work out the kinks.

I am actually surprised it has taken Texas this long to move to the digital realm for tagging purposes.

If you hunt public, your required this year to log when you arrive to a location to hunt with your license plate information on the app. They will be enforcing it this year with fines. This of course is where the digital tag/license information is.

There are pros/cons to this as with all things.

I'll just keep some duct tape with a sharpie to jot down the number for the harvest. I will definitely like not having to fill out all the crap and make the stupid incision on the tag like I'm doing some sort of sunday school craft.

Might as well get prepared. Before long, it will all be this way.

As long as your not being illegal, who gives a rip how its reported? Now then, if your being shady, then I would absolutely be concerned about this.

Comment

I just bought some clear luggage bag tags off Amazon and will precut some index cards to keep in them. Stick one and a Sharpie in my bag and I'm good to go.

Comment

Have not made my mine up. Thought first going with the old style. But after thinking about it going to go paperless soon anyway.

Comment

I got my paper version on Saturday in mail, it’s nice to have a place to put the federal stamp in my wallet
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-22-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                                I went ahead and called TPWD to ask questions about this new program.

It's basically a guinney pig program for this year to work out the kinks.

I am actually surprised it has taken Texas this long to move to the digital realm for tagging purposes.

If you hunt public, your required this year to log when you arrive to a location to hunt with your license plate information on the app. They will be enforcing it this year with fines. This of course is where the digital tag/license information is.

There are pros/cons to this as with all things.

I'll just keep some duct tape with a sharpie to jot down the number for the harvest. I will definitely like not having to fill out all the crap and make the stupid incision on the tag like I'm doing some sort of sunday school craft.

Might as well get prepared. Before long, it will all be this way.

As long as your not being illegal, who gives a rip how its reported? Now then, if your being shady, then I would absolutely be concerned about this.
                                Must check in with big daddy government and give them your license plate before hunting public land, it's wrong in principle. This is why I'll be the last to put their app on my phone. Wouldn't be surprised if eventually game wardens want location data while you're hunting public so they can find you easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X