Who's excited for dove season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's excited for dove season?

Every year I get jacked up waiting on dove season to roll around. I wish September would hurry up and get here already. I keep seeing Eurasian doves flying around all fat and sassy. Wish I was burning up a box of ammo right now instead of being at work. Mondays are so slow and boring. I'm outside watching Eurasians and Pigeons fly around everywhere. I'm counting down the days.

I’m in for the Collard doves and as far as I’m concerned they are the best eating and the easiest to kill ;-)! I’m excited but not many birds here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      I’m in for the Collard doves and as far as I’m concerned they are the best eating and the easiest to kill ;-)! I’m excited but not many birds here.
      Same here and plus there's no limit on those so you can get more shootin in.

Pigeons are even bigger yet. Except they're a little smarter than the ol' Collard doves. After shootin the smaller,faster doves those big suckers are a cake walk. I like it.

Comment

I would be, but work is taking the wind out of my sails.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is hunting license day in Texas!!!!

I'm starting a new job on the 29th and it'll ruin my dove season this year.

Comment

Excited, but not expecting much in my area due to drought.

Comment

Been loading shells for 2 weeks. I've got 36020ga for my grandsons and almost 1000 12 for us adults.

Comment

Every year.....my favorite season. Not expecting much with the drought but hope to be pleasantly surprised. Got a new shotkam I hope to get some good footage with this year.

Comment

We were setting up nicely in Brooks county for a good dove season until we got 6 inches of rain in twenty four hours. Not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Excited, but not expecting much in my area due to drought.
                    Well then you won't be needing those two new Wingmasters you beat everyone to in the classifieds.

OP, I missed out dove hunting last year but am excited for this year. Actually headed up to OK for opening day.

Comment

Looking forward to it as always. Not sure how successful we'll be opening day but daylight Sept 1st will find me on a stool in the shade!

Comment

While y'all are dreaming about doves I'll be blasting ducks up here come Sept 1 Grouse season already started last week but been busy fishing and getting ready for this fall.

Comment

Looking forward to it if we have anything to shoot at here

Comment

The other day I pulled into a group of trees we hunt at some years and I bet 200 birds flew out of there. We have 6 or 7 spots so we usually have to scout around and see where they're staying. Found another spot last year that I'm hoping is just as good as last year. It's a prairie dog town with an old barn and some trees. I like huntin there because the prairie dogs keep the grass short so it's easier to find downed birds. That other spot would be good but the weeds are knee high in that son of a gun.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 08-15-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                              Well then you won't be needing those two new Wingmasters you beat everyone to in the classifieds.

OP, I missed out dove hunting last year but am excited for this year. Actually headed up to OK for opening day.
                              There will be some ducks to kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X