Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

How is this possible?
    Any suggestions on spinner plate- like cut a inch off each side of plate and see what happens?
    I have noticed this Lamco 600lb feeder gets empty in about 6 weeks which is not right, I have another one on the lease and set up just like this one. I was looking at the spinner plate and I noticed there mud-dirt on both sides of the plate and of course with coon tracks all over it.
    They don’t touch the other ones yet, Thank goodness.
    Ideals?
    Thanks

Sounds like you need to kill the flies around that feeder.

Comment

Over the past 2-3 years they have been making them cheaper and cheaper by cutting corners. They started reducing the diameter of the metal circle plates so now the raccoons can reach them. The older models are built with thicker metal and larger plates.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kill them

Or maybe add a couple inches of metal around and extend it so they can’t reach

Comment

Put a camera on it to make sure those little masked *******s are really stealing your corn.

Maybe some self tapping screws and sheetmetal to make the 'circle' bigger?

Comment

There’s no way they can reach my spinner plates. Yours must be different.

Comment

Sounds impossible. Those things are the best coon proof feeders on the market.

Comment

Will the eliminator plate fit on those? I had to do that with both my ASF and J&L 600# feeders. It was due to squirrels though.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  Over the past 2-3 years they have been making them cheaper and cheaper by cutting corners. They started reducing the diameter of the metal circle plates so now the raccoons can reach them. The older models are built with thicker metal and larger plates.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  You nailed it on the head. My first one I bought they try to get in there but they can’t, trail cameras are my proof. Now on the other one I have no trail camera on it and of course it’s the newer one. I took pictures of the one they are spinning if someone can post it for me, I will send it to you and y’all can see for yourself.

Comment

Dang! Your coons must me jabbing a stick in there and spinning that thang, it’s way up in there.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                      You nailed it on the head. My first one I bought they try to get in there but they can’t, trail cameras are my proof. Now on the other one I have no trail camera on it and of course it’s the newer one. I took pictures of the one they are spinning if someone can post it for me, I will send it to you and y’all can see for yourself.
                      Do you have the diameter of the old vs. the new from spinner to outer circle?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Sounds like you need to kill the flies around that feeder.
                        Stewed, served over cajun rice.

Comment

Are the coons reaching the spinner from the hole cut out in the middle of that bottom plate?
                          If so, just cover the hole by using short self taping screws and a stainless steel bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Dang! Your coons must me jabbing a stick in there and spinning that thang, it’s way up in there.
                            I know right! I think the next time I go up which will be in September I’m going to measure the plates and if it’s empty I’m go to remove the tips on the end of spinner plate.

Comment

Plates should be 30” if I remember correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X