No announcement yet.

We Need A Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Kauai last week and seen a great solution to smoking. A carton of Marlboro’s was 131.99. I’d bet they do not sell much at that price.

Comment

I was driving down 35 behind a survey truck for a long stretch. D bag driving it was tossing cig after cig out. Pulled up next to him and got the name of the company off the door. Googled it. Few minutes later I had his boss on the phone. Guy was ****** and said he’d handle it and that wasn’t the image their company was looking to put forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        So what did they say causes all the roadway fires?

They’re everywhere and always start at the side of the road and you can’t drive down the road without seeing some fool toss a butt out the window.

Comment

I use this app often for cig butts and litter!!!

Comment

Seeing all the butts laying around really ticks me off. Pull up to a stop sign or light and look down, you’ll see tons of them laying there.

Comment

Hey man I saw your bumper sticker “ciggarette butts drive me nuts”

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                Keep a broom in your truck. I can’t tell you how much fire that I have put out with one. I was a volunteer firefighter. At grassfires , where the truck couldn’t go, we went with brooms. We swept a lot of fires out.
                That’s a good idea, thanks.

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                Good information, thank you but I’m curious about fires that start from the roadway not just general wildfires. Is there any data on that?
                I’m still thinking that those along the roads have got to be from cigs and now that TVC184 mentioned it, catalytic converters. Most of the typical brush fires around here, that don’t start at a road, are due to trash burning and welding.

Comment

That’s a good idea, thanks.

Good information, thank you but I’m curious about fires that start from the roadway not just general wildfires. Is there any data on that?
                  I’m still thinking that those along the roads have got to be from cigs and now that TVC184 mentioned it, catalytic converters. Most of the typical brush fires around here, that don’t start at a road, are due to trash burning and welding.
                  It is from vehicles dragging chains, blown trailer tires getting drug down the road on the rim etc. Cigarettes cause a few I'm sure but not nearly as many as you would think.

Comment

There is no real punishment for crime anymore. And no cure for the stupid too many people are.

Comment

I know, I’m just ranting. But the majority of all grass fires that I’ve seen have always started at a roadside and with all the butt tossers I’ve seen, I’m pretty convinced that they are the culprits.

I’ve seen several fires started with egg chains being too long and dragging the concrete…
                      I don’t think anyone should be flicking butts, but when it is this dry ANYTHING can start a fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what did they say causes all the roadway fires?

They’re everywhere and always start at the side of the road and you can’t drive down the road without seeing some fool toss a butt out the window.
                        I don't think the point of the lecture that day was what causes roadway fire; just that flicked cigarrettes don't.

Comment

If you ever been to yankee land like Vermont you will see deposits on bottels, cans and such. Not much garbage on roads up there. Why not impose a $1 deposit on cig butts. Will make most folks think twice before tossing out the window. Save your butts and turn em in for your next pack.

Comment

Working...
                          X