Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you don't want kids at weddings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    This is alien to me.
    No kids at a wedding?
    We went to tons of weddings when we were kids. Back before the days of rampant babysitting.
    Kids in my day got their butts worn out for acting stupid, so they didn't do it much.
    Exactly.
    I can’t remember the exact occasion, but we went to eat somewhere where kids were running around like wild heathens. I can remember the look on their faces like what the hell is going on? How are they getting away with this?

Comment

Kids having fun at weddings is one of the best parts. Nobody told you this before you took the job?

Comment

I enjoy kids

But the undisciplined ones need a good ol fashioned butt whuppin, right after their parents get one

Comment

If you own a venue you have probably seen its not just the kids. How can you expect kids to act right when the adults don't.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why you don't want kids at weddings......

Found a 4 year old by himself at the bottom of a 200 ft waterfall that runs down the side of a hill at our venue, replaced the fire pit burners twice where the kids have melted glow sticks in them, had to make them quit running up and down the top of the outside bar , had to stop them from pulling down the string lights attached to the fence…etc. My favorite was last week when I had to get on microphone and ask whoever the parent was that put their kid up against the wall in a baby carrier to please come get their child because he had been by himself crying for about 10 minutes Stories are endless. Do all kids act this way absolutely not but it’s not hard to see early on in a wedding how it’s gonna go. The parents just cut them loose. I love kids. Got five of my own but it sure doesn’t hurt my feelings when there is a “ no kids wedding”. I feel your pain Joel !

Comment

Men have bridal cakes? What kinda man has a bridal cake? Never crossed my mind at any of my three weddings. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Men have bridal cakes? What kinda man has a bridal cake? Never crossed my mind at any of my three weddings. lol

No doofus, it’s a groom’s cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nothing beats a good wedding venue story.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                    The parents are responsible for their irresponsible children.
                    This! I have three kids all who have been to many weddings. Never have had a problem with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                      We own a venue and see out of control unsupervised kids all the time. This Saturday kids messed up grooms cake.....2 different kids, wife was able to somewhat salvage their cake after first one but 2nd one really ruined it.....not sure why people think its fine for kids to run wild, especially at wedding receptions. Groom had a special shiner beer cake made......
                      It was a Shiner beer cake. Not the Mona Lisa.

Do you have video of the groom crying when he saw his ruined cake?

I see this as hilarious really.

Comment

Kids are what you make them to be. I only wish I could do it all again. Wife and kids are the greatest adventure, and I worked way too much when mine where still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Kids got into a cake? Never heard of such a thing. And men have cakes now? Did he wear a dress too? [emoji23]. Must have ended in tears.

All jokes aside where we come from weddings are for families to come together especially the children. My friends and family would have gotten a kick out of that and probably some cute pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on the same page as this response. Weddings should be fun and who cares about the cake. Just eat it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where were their cell phones? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              I dread inviting certain friends over to my house now because I know they have to bring their bad kids with them.
                              You've got more patience than me. Had some friends like that once, and we just quite inviting them. In regards to their wild kid, the guys wife once said " i cant wait until she starts school so they can teach her manners"......

wait...what?

Comment

It's a lot easier to give the kids Ritalin and leave them at home playing videos games than bring them to a wedding!

Comment

Working...
                                X