No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice and good shooting. I have always had a hard time with multiple shots on a group

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Shot 4 pigs here. Recovered two of them. Followed blood on other two but they went into the super thick stuff.
      I bet that group ain't ever that dumb again. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        I bet that group ain't ever that dumb again. Lol.

Actually this ain't the first or second time they've been that dumb. They are f ing stupid!!!!

Comment

How you like that X-sight?
          Was looking at adding the 3-12 to the night vision gear.

Comment

Shot 4 pigs here. Recovered two of them. Followed blood on other two but they went into the super thick stuff.

ATN X-Sight 5x18

http://youtu.be/k7-0wkVOTP0
            Dude that is a flat out MESS of pigs you've got there.

I'm with Bucky: think the X-Sight might be my next optic. Couple questions. What were you zoomed at in that video? Why are things out of focus and how does focusing work? How quickly can you move through the zoom levels?

Comment

ATN X-Sight 5x18

http://youtu.be/k7-0wkVOTP0
              Awesome! Now that is some hog killing! Those darn things didn't know which way to go. Thanks for sharing the video.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Dude that is a flat out MESS of pigs you've got there.

I'm with Bucky: think the X-Sight might be my next optic. Couple questions. What were you zoomed at in that video? Why are things out of focus and how does focusing work? How quickly can you move through the zoom levels?

Zoomed in on first and second shot probably 10 power. Backed off to 6 power for third and fourth shot.

I had focused the scope on the feeder prior to the pigs showing up so I was a bit out of focus at the closer pigs. With this scope, you have to refocus at different distances as its not auto focus.

As you can see, I didn't have time or even was worried about refocusing as I knew I could see what I was aiming at. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                  How you like that X-sight?
                  Was looking at adding the 3-12 to the night vision gear.

Yes after having the 5x18 a while, I can see the advantages of the greater FOV of the 3x12. If I get another one, I'm getting the 3x12.

I'm using the 66LR from Sniper Hog Lights as my IR torch. The factory one is ok, but this one really helps the scope perform better.

Comment

About how far away were they when you started shooting and how close did they get? It seems strange that the depth of field is so shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      About how far away were they when you started shooting and how close did they get? It seems strange that the depth of field is so shallow.

Feeder is 105 yards. Last shot at the white pig was 25-30 yards. Pretty good difference.

If you've ever used a video camera with manual focus, it's the same way.

Comment

Feeder is 105 yards. Last shot at the white pig was 25-30 yards. Pretty good difference.

If you've ever used a video camera with manual focus, it's the same way.
                        That is quite a bit of range difference. I guess Im not used to them running that close towards me I am familiar with manual focus cameras, my units are manual focus too.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          That is quite a bit of range difference. I guess Im not used to them running that close towards me I am familiar with manual focus cameras, my units are manual focus too.

Roger that! I'm not used to it either...and certainly didn't even have time or the thought to re-focus. Haha

KAP

Comment

Thanks for the answers!!
                            Mine is due to arrive next week.

Can't wait to piddle with it and mess with the wifi

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                              Thanks for the answers!!
                              Mine is due to arrive next week.

Can't wait to piddle with it and mess with the wifi

You'll like it...it's a fun gadget to mess with. And the ability to record your footage with the unit it a big plus.

Be sure to get good lithium AA batts and always keep a spare set with you when using it.

I've pretty much got this thing figured out, so I'm happy to help anyone who has questions...heck I need to throw out some things I had to learn the hard way with mine just to keep others from wasting time, batteries, and ammo. Haha.

Comment

Come on with the list

This one is going on an 8" 300 BLK

Comment

Working...
                                X