New APR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New APR Project

Just dropped off an AAC300BLK Handi Rifle to APR to be SBR'd and threaded for YHM Phantom QD.

Should be the perfect little rifle to introduce a new or young shooter to hunting.

Super compact for sitting in a bow blind.
    Take down to easily fit in a backpack.
    Suppressed to not be scary loud.
    Effective for deer and hogs out to 100 yards with 110 Barnes TSX
    Easy to operate for a novice.
    Simple sighting Vortex red/green dot with 2x magnifier.

I'll probable have them Cerakote it when it's done to boot.

Probably be a year by the time its finished and the form4 is approved but hey that's life.

Sounds cool! In to see the final product

Comment

New APR Project

The SBR should be filed on a Form 1 not form 4. You can go ahead and file that right now via Efile. Should be about 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        The SBR should be filed on a Form 1 not form 4. You can go ahead and file that right now via Efile. Should be about 4 months.

yup, file now....just need your overall length and serial number

Comment

I can't file on a form 1. APR is the FFL doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            I can't file on a form 1. APR is the FFL doing the work.

Doesn't matter who is doing the work. It's your gun. All they are doing is cutting the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Doesn't matter who is doing the work. It's your gun. All they are doing is cutting the barrel.
              Could somebody explain how that works? I've done a form 1 before but that was an AR build. Wouldn't I need to at least need to get the stamp back before giving them the gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Could somebody explain how that works? I've done a form 1 before but that was an AR build. Wouldn't I need to at least need to get the stamp back before giving them the gun?
                Nope.. they probably have a back log any way. So you can have both a F1 and your gun being worked on at the same time. I wouldn't take possession of an SBR without my F1 in hand though. Although you'd probably be fine unless you get pulled over or post it on a public website.... errrr. Lol.

The way I understand it you own the rifle prior to sending it to be cut threaded.. if this is the case it's an F1 you efile and wait your time. Currently atleast 120 days. Easy deal.

If they purchased the rifle to SBR and then they sell to you it would be different. But that's not the way you worded the op since you dropped it off with them I'm guessing you owned it prior to the work being done by them?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  Nope.. they probably have a back log any way. So you can have both a F1 and your gun being worked on at the same time. I wouldn't take possession of an SBR without my F1 in hand though. Although you'd probably be fine unless you get pulled over or post it on a public website.... errrr. Lol.

The way I understand it you own the rifle prior to sending it to be cut threaded.. if this is the case it's an F1 you efile and wait your time. Currently atleast 120 days. Easy deal.

If they purchased the rifle to SBR and then they sell to you it would be different. But that's not the way you worded the op since you dropped it off with them I'm guessing you owned it prior to the work being done by them?
                  True Statement.

I spoke with a lawyer today and I'm setting up the Gun Trust so I can E-file the form 1.

I'll let APR hang on to it until the Form 1 is approved then they can engrave it for me.

Comment

APR can form 2 it, then form 4 it. No engraving then. And a form 2 is dang near instant.

They shouldn't cut it until the form 1 is complete if that's how you choose to proceed. They can do it now on a form 2.

Comment

Got it all worked out so we are legit. Thanks

Comment

Got an email from my investigator today... gulp!

She said the trust document was corrupted apparently and she wanted pictures also. I didn't see the email until after 5:00 central time. I resent the trust and a couple pictures.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER... I had an approval!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo Hoo!

Comment

oops double post

Comment

So now that I got the approval I just need the paper copy to legally complete the project right?

Comment

This is my first e-file. I didn't realize they don't send a hard copy. APR is engraving it now! I'll post pics when I get 'er put together.

Comment

Working...
                              X