God Bless Donald J. Trump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless Donald J. Trump!

As part of ongoing negotiations to avoid the tariffs President Trump threatened last week, Mexican officials have offered to deploy 6,000 national guard troops to their border with Guatemala to stem the flow of Central American migrants traveling through Mexico to the U.S.The plan under consideration would also require that migrants seek refuge in the first country they arrive in after leaving home, according to the Washington Post. Guatemalan migrants, under the plan, would be required to seek refuge in Mexico while Salvadorans and Venezuelans would be required to remain in Guatemala.Any migrant that does make it to the U.S. border would be deported to the closest country of refuge.However, the Mexico delegation has reportedly made clear that the proposed concessions will not be implemented if the president moves forward with his threat to implement a 5 percent tariff on all Mexican goods entering the U.S.The Trump administration also plans to tighten asylum rules to raise the standard for “credible fear,” which determines whether a migrant can remain in the U.S. while their claim is being adjudicated.The White House has said that the tariffs, which Mexican officials claim will hurt their ability to step up enforcement, will take effect on Monday if Mexico fails to take action to stem the overwhelming tide of Central American asylum-seekers arriving at the U.S. border.Mexican officials estimate that increased enforcement will reduce illegal-immigration levels to roughly 60,000 arrests per month, but the Trump administration has demanded a return to the rate that held in the opening months of the administration, which was roughly 20,000 arrests.There were 144,000 arrests at the border in April, a 32 percent increase from the previous month and the highest recorded number of arrests in 13 years, according to border patrol.

However, the Mexico delegation has reportedly made clear that the proposed concessions will not be implemented if the president moves forward with his threat to implement a 5 percent tariff on all Mexican goods entering the U.S.

I hope he calls their bluff as well. They really showed what a crappy hand they are holding with this nonsense rhetoric.

Our congress is an embarrassment

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      however, the mexico delegation has reportedly made clear that the proposed concessions will not be implemented if the president moves forward with his threat to implement a 5 percent tariff on all mexican goods entering the u.s.

i hope he calls their bluff as well. They really showed what a crappy hand they are holding with this nonsense rhetoric.

our congress is an embarrassment
      amen!!

Comment

Raise the tariff 5% Monday regardless. Then if they don't send troops south to stop the "refugees", add another 5% every month until our influx of illegal aliens drops by 85% from the southern border.

Comment

But but but.. all my local news in SA told me yesterday was that avocados were going to rise in price and Chipotle will need to increase their prices.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            But but but.. all my local news in SA told me yesterday was that avocados were going to rise in price and Chipotle will need to increase their prices.
            I've seen that. WTH is the big deal w/the avocados???
            Cheap avocados but the entire USA suffers
            Expensive avocados & the entire USA benefits
            Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              I've seen that. WTH is the big deal w/the avocados???
              Cheap avocados but the entire USA suffers
              Expensive avocados & the entire USA benefits
              Seems like a no-brainer to me!
              I can live without Avocodos and illegals.

Comment

Raise the tariff 5% Monday regardless. Then if they don't send troops south to stop the "refugees", add another 5% every month until our influx of illegal aliens drops by 85% from the southern border.

That would all but put me right out of business....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Sorry. Employ people you are legally allowed to hire & your problem is solved. You breaking the law w/your business isn't more important than our America.

Comment

Sorry. Employ people you are legally allowed to hire & your problem is solved. You breaking the law w/your business isn't more important than our America.

I’m pretty sure he is talking tariffs.

Comment

Wrong again, Chief.

Comment

Wrong again, Chief.

My bad. I thought you were talking about hiring nothing but illegals.
                        What do you buy from Mexico in such large quantity? Steel maybe?

Comment

Tariffs with China are killing us also.

Comment

Make America great again....as long as it doesn't inconvenience one single American in the process.

Comment

Brick

I’m not complaining… I believe in our president, and I believe the border needs to be fixed sooner than later. But before we get too crazy, let’s consider all of the American families and lives that will be affected by these decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X