"Pet" fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pet" fox

I caught a young this morning. Any one had any luck taming one after they have a little age? He hasn't offered to bite but definitely NOT tame. I've been trying to catch one for a few years as we have a pair that hang around the shop.

I suspect they are like most wild animals, you have to catch them before they are weaned to make a good pet.

Comment

never gonna be like a dog ...always gonna have a bit of wild

Comment

is it legal to keep one as a pet?

Comment

A good friend of my wife has one. Its like a dog now. Shes also got a skunk and something like coons all of which live in the house.

Theres a fella on IG that has 2 coyote pups which are tame

Comment

I've had multiple pet coons, armadillo, hawk and a possum before as pets. So I know a little bit about raising a "wild animal"

Comment

Originally posted by Softballdad View Post
              Define keep! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Softballdad View Post
                Not in Texas unless you have a fur bearing license and treat accordingly.

Comment

Pictures

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are illegal without a permit to own one.

Comment

don't be surprised if you get a visit now that you have announced it......

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                        I caught a young this morning. Any one had any luck taming one after they have a little age? He hasn't offered to bite but definitely NOT tame. I've been trying to catch one for a few years as we have a pair that hang around the shop.
                        YouTube is your friend. Even foxes bred to be pets are lousy pets. They can't be house trained, and they never tame down like a dog or cat. Oh, and they have a lousy habit of scent marking everything.

Comment

I had a fox and it was litter box trained. But at about 5 yrs old he just got too wild. One day he just never came home. Guess the wild side took over

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            They are illegal without a permit to own one.
                            Permit is pretty cheap. Could be city ordinances against it though.

May be good to go if in the county.

I was looking at a line of bobcats that have been domesticated 40 years.

I would have to live in our county and get permission (county judge is a childhood friend, so probably not an issue) but until we move out of town it's a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Not in Texas unless you have a fur bearing license and treat accordingly.

I had three that hadn’t open their eyes yet and raised them. I rescued them from a sawmill death. Was told to release them. They were great pets. Full grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X