Quail season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail season!

The birds are all over here in Seymour. Got a full quiver of small game heads to take to the blind tomorrow. Gonna get a couple for dinner! Might take out the shotgun after the morning hunt. Love me some spatchcock quail over mesquite!

Anyone else gonna try for some?

I was thinking about a pellet gun. Is that legal? they were running all thru camp last weekend.
    We are covered up in them as well about 45 miles Northeast of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      I was thinking about a pellet gun. Is that legal? they were running all thru camp last weekend.
      We are covered up in them as well about 45 miles Northeast of ya.
      Nope. Only game animal you can use a pellet gun on is a squirrel. .22 is legal though!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        Nope. Only game animal you can use a pellet gun on is a squirrel. .22 is legal though!
        I was wanting to go really silent and not spook the deer. I guess i will hand corn right in back of the trailer house, take the screen off the window and skillet choot them watching college football. Is that legal

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          I was wanting to go really silent and not spook the deer. I guess i will hand corn right in back of the trailer house, take the screen off the window and skillet choot them watching college football. Is that legal
          Absolutely legal. And encouraged!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            Absolutely legal. And encouraged!
            Kewl! In all seriousness. I think we might have had 3 hatches if that's even possible? You can't go out and ride in the mule without running thru 5-6 coveys. What a change from just 3-4 years ago when they were nearly all gone due to the drought.
            I hope ya get you a pan full they sure are good eating like you said.

Comment

The ground is moving near big lake there is so many

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant wait

Comment

Planning on trying for some tomorrow evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New O/U: check
                    14 month old GSP been working on pigeons and can whoa: check
                    Deer lease overran with quail: check

Online Cal 3 midterm on Saturday = missing opening weekend

Good luck and straight shooting to all those going out opening weekend!!!

Comment

I think there is a way to trap a mess of them, heck as many as there are at our place i think you could prop a cage up with a stick with a string tied to it, put some scratch under it and catch all you wanted pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X