nightvision monocular ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nightvision monocular ?

anybody have any experience with the Firefield nv monocular that Cabelas sells? thanks

nobody knows nuttin bout these things?

Comment

I'm looking hard at the Armasight Spark CORE. It's Gen 2 quality at Gen 1 pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No experience with it, but I would save up the $ and get a thermal monocular. They are a game changer!

Comment

I have no experience with Firefield nv monocular. I am just an ordinary night animal lover, just use Solomark nightvision monocular to shoot videos of animal activities at night. It's cheap, less than two hundred dollars, suitable for newcomers like me.

Comment

All I know is that a few months ago a friend of a friend showed me a monocular called the PVS14 and I immediately thought any and all night vision I had seen previously was junk. This is one area where spending more really does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoite05 View Post
              No experience with it, but I would save up the $ and get a thermal monocular. They are a game changer!
              Absolutely! I did this last year. Roughly $1700 for the Pulsar. Talk about walking to your stand in the morning dark with confidence. There was never a doubt whether I was bumping deer. Once I was in my tree stand, they never could sneak up on me. I would say it almost made hunting boring it worked so good. Thermal is where its at!

Comment

I've got a flir scout ps320 if someone wants it. It's a handheld thermal.

Comment

Got a thermal on my rifle and like you I was looking at monoculars so I didn’t have to keep the rifle moving and eat batteries. Finally ordered one of Jason’s $500 scopes to use hand-held. I will post up how it Works for me but Jason’s review convinced me

Comment

Thermal > Nightvision

Dont learn this the hard way and waste money like me. Just go thermal, spend the money one time on a quality unit an be done.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                      anybody have any experience with the Firefield nv monocular that Cabelas sells? thanks
                      My wife bought me one a few years ago. It's cool, but not the greatest. It's a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing. I've only used mine a few times looking down the street, etc. One thing to note, the illuminator glows slightly red, so you may blow your cover when using it.

Comment

what is a good/quality thermal monocular? Just dreaming here at work...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          what is a good/quality thermal monocular? Just dreaming here at work...
                          Get with Jason at Outdoor Legacy, one of our sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Get with Jason at Outdoor Legacy, one of our sponsors.
                            This is what I did. I called him up. Basically knowing what I kinda wanted but didn't tell him that. Instead, I told him what I wanted to use it for. He ended up recommending the exact unit I was looking at (Pulsar Quantum Lite). Yes its $1700. But the image quality and the fast refresh makes for a fluid image. He is also the one I ordered from.

Comment

For those who don't want to or need to spend too much cash, buy a Bushnell Equinox NV Mono. I have used one for years and for under $200 they are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X