Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbor has feeder 6ft from my fence....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell him he needs to swap his stand and feeder and shoot inside his property.

Comment

Dont understand this type of attitude of the neighbor. When I hunted small acreage, I would put the stand on the fenceline and feeder inside the property.

Print out the state law about bullets crossing property line and take him a copy when you go discuss the situation. Offer to help him move it to a better location where he would not be in violation of the law or swap stand and feeder locations. Document your conversation with him if he refuses to move it and send him a certified copy of of your documentation and the law. Let him know that you will press charges if he violates it. Stand up some plywood on your side of the fence that are in line of fire. Any bullet holes in plywood, contact GW. Give GW copies of all documentation.

After that, I would probably put another stand somewhere else to hunt from. I'd leave the original in place but would only hunt it weekdays when the other guy probably would be at work. If you shoot one, you know he wouldn't allow you to cross so I would move further away to limit that the chance of it happening.
      Last edited by BigL; 10-24-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
        Simple tell him he needs to relocate the feeder and he needs to not be shooting in the direction of your property, period. That places you and your family in danger.

This

Comment

Id tell him where he could stick that feeder...cant believe the nerve of some people.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB 1 View Post
            Gut pile on your fence line.
            this

Comment

Put up 6 more blinds on your side.

Comment

I know where I'd park my car on the way to the stand. Or maybe build an outhouse.

Comment

Look similar. We are the thick brush on the left, luckily we don't have a stand stand yet but we are thinking of ways to hunt that side. Kinda mutualistic relationship here though, our deer eat his wheat so how bad it isn't really?
                  Attached Files

Comment

We are considering high fencing the property line I share with this neighbor and putting up a telephone pole wall next to his feeder.

Comment

Everyone on here wants land and space to get away from other people like HOAs telling them what to do but as soon as the neighbor does something they don't like everyone's advice is tell him to change it, send certified letters, jack with him till he changes.

He has a right not to be told what to do just like u have a right
                      everyone is suggesting you go do exactly what your on here complaining about him doing to you

GW can't do anything about his stand location and unless you can prove without a doubt he shot the bullet that hit your stand or plywood or what ever GW and sheriff won't do anything about that either

LE isn't here to mediate your neighborly squabbles if no law is broken

if you don't like his feeder location u need to move

He is entitled to put his stuff where he wants just like u where entitled to put ur stuff where u did

If he was being polite he shouldn't have placed it there and shouldn't have said u need to move yours

But he isn't being polite that's the risk with living in the country non polite neighbors and no recourse to take against them

I handle calls like this all the time "my neighbor does this and that and I don't like it make him stop"
                      it ****** us off having to respond to this nonsense when someone else has a real call and We had to come listen to whining and there call is waiting
                      Best case he tells you it's a civil matter and walks off

Want to make an enemy of your GW real fast call him out for stupid stuff with no laws violated like this not to mention he isn't the LE with jurisdiction the sheriff is

Bottom line if you don't like it you need to move your blind
                      you will never be able to prove his bullets where the ones that crossed property lines and the sheriff or GW won't do anything about it unless you can beyond a doubt except tell him to stop which he won't do

Comment

Fist post half way through proves my point

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                          Everyone on here wants land and space to get away from other people like HOAs telling them what to do but as soon as the neighbor does something they don't like everyone's advice is tell him to change it, send certified letters, jack with him till he changes.

He has a right not to be told what to do just like u have a right
                          everyone is suggesting you go do exactly what your on here complaining about him doing to you

GW can't do anything about his stand location and unless you can prove without a doubt he shot the bullet that hit your stand or plywood or what ever GW and sheriff won't do anything about that either

LE isn't here to mediate your neighborly squabbles if no law is broken

if you don't like his feeder location u need to move

He is entitled to put his stuff where he wants just like u where entitled to put ur stuff where u did

If he was being polite he shouldn't have placed it there and shouldn't have said u need to move yours

But he isn't being polite that's the risk with living in the country non polite neighbors and no recourse to take against them

I handle calls like this all the time "my neighbor does this and that and I don't like it make him stop"
                          it ****** us off having to respond to this nonsense when someone else has a real call and We had to come listen to whining and there call is waiting
                          Best case he tells you it's a civil matter and walks off

Want to make an enemy of your GW real fast call him out for stupid stuff with no laws violated like this not to mention he isn't the LE with jurisdiction the sheriff is

Bottom line if you don't like it you need to move your blind
                          you will never be able to prove his bullets where the ones that crossed property lines and the sheriff or GW won't do anything about it unless you can beyond a doubt except tell him to stop which he won't do

Comment

Isn't there a guy named Burnadel on here that handles situations like this?

Comment

I would call the Game Warden.

Comment

I just bought 11 ac. While looking at google earth i thought i saw the shadow of a feeder close to the fence. I happened to see my new neighbor the other day so i stopped and introduced myself. I asked him if he hunted his 10-12 ac place. "He said sure do" to which i replied, well if you ever shoot one and it crosses the fence you welcome to jump the fence to get it and if you need help just come on over and ask.
                                This is the first land i have ever owned and i sure dont want drama.

Comment

Working...
                                X