Hearing Aids.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Aids.......

Who here has them and what do you think?

Just got done with my hearing tests and I have severe hearing loss (I already knew that) and I am about to do a 45 day trial run...

I'm looking forward to giving them a try...

Would love to hear the good & bad experiences from those that have used them.
    Last edited by DamonJ; 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM.

what????!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos1 View Post
      what????!!!!

Funny Guy!!

Comment

After going to my local ENT doctor and getting the run down of all the types of hearing aids they offer I chose the WIDEX over the ear brand. There was quite the difference in bells and whistles which dictated price. The wife and I decided on the higher end model since it had the most features.
        I’ve had mine for 6-8 months probably and have been happy with them. I have young children and I can now hear what they are saying without constantly saying “What!?!”. It took probably 4-5 visits after I got them to get them programmed to fit me best. Really no complaints, just some minor things that can be annoying. Overall though I’m extremely happy with my decision and wish i did it years ago.

Comment

I have ReSound, and I love them. Amazing how much I was missing while sitting in a desert stand.

Comment

I tried 2 different brands of the high dollar aids, one was $6k for the pair, the other one was $6.5k. I didn't purchase either one. Then I went to WalMart and bought 2 of theirs for about $400 each. The $6500 ones MIGHT have worked a tad better than the WalMart ones, but not much. I have had the WalMart aids for about 6 months now, and I'm pretty satisfied with them. My next step will be Cochlear implants, though.

Comment

Resound for the wife and I.

Comment

Resound
                There great. Had them for 6 months

Comment

I wear Audibel Anthem Platinums... On my 3rd generation pair. So nice to be able to hear birds and stuff rustling around in the leaves and I can tell the difference between hogs, deer and javelina crunching on corn before daylight when I'm in my bowstand... Bluetooth with my phone so all my calls are hands free... Just had my annual check up and adjustments... according to data recorded, I use them 15.5 hours a day average... Pretty much put 'em in when I get out the shower in the morning and take 'em out when I go to bed at night... I love 'em and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Comment

Does insurance cover any part of the cost for hearing aids?

Comment

Going on one year with Oticons. What a world of difference. They sync to my iphone. 5K for the pair. I tried several different models and when it came time to make the decision, my wife said we will be spending the money.
                      Make sure you go with rechargeable batteries, saves a lot of hassle.

Comment

I'm happy with my Phonaks.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                          Does insurance cover any part of the cost for hearing aids?
                          I have blue cross blue shield and they paid up to $2500 for the pair.

Comment

wiHear for me, works great

Comment

On my thir pair you of Oticon over the ear. This pair is Bluetooth connected with my phone, and computer, love them. Got them through the Department of Assitive Rehabilitative Services, which is now under the Work Force Solutions found in every county.

Comment

Working...
                              X