Tejas park Gtown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tejas park Gtown

Was planning on going out there tomorrow with the family and kayaks anybody have any reports on how it’s flowing or fishing out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thinking bout putting in there in the morning with a yak... But like you...not sure of water flow. Think I will go to brushy creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      was thinking bout putting in there in the morning with a yak... But like you...not sure of water flow. Think I will go to brushy creek.

I’m going regardless so I’ll report back...bringing pop up and chairs in case we’re just hangin

Comment

You can probably put a yak in about 150 yards below the low water crossing there at the camp. there is a rock saddle and and after that...should be good all the way to the lake.

Comment

There is plenty of water flow to put in at the bridge but you will have to walk it down stream about 50 yards or so. The water is beautiful right now.

Comment

Is there much shade as you paddle to the lake?

Comment

Not that I recall. not in general. here are a few places where you can paddle close to the bank late in the day and catch a little shade.

Comment

Water is flowing good. We were there Sat morning early...Then once people showed up we left.

I was debating going back and walking up river to catch bass and perch sometime soon.

Comment

It was real nice ...flow and temp were awesome...the wind made it nice too but just made it little more difficult to keep the canopy up and kids had a little hard time paddling back against wind so the yak rides were a little short but it was a good day ...it did start to get a little crowded but not bad

I didn’t see anything but bait fish and one small bass by bridge..talked to a few fishermen and no one was having luck

Comment

There's not really any "luck" to be had at Tejas...Not unless it's the 1-2 weeks when white bass are up that far.

For a great time take two trucks. Go up river and put in. Cast river minnows, use light tackle, and fish the small holes all the way down to the park. You'll be surprised how many bass and gar you can catch.

Comment

Working...
                    X