Unofficial records...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial records...

We went out to Decker Lake Walter E Long to troll for some hybrids but lightning storm came in so we held up under bridge for cover and switched to going after catfish...

Ended up catching this nice channel cat close to 30 inches my buddy said I should check the records and didn’t think about it till I got...
    I would’ve smashed the current record of 23 inches

Got me wondering how many people break records and don’t know or just don’t care to file ....y’all got any stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a fat channel!

If you want to be ready to get your name in the record book then buy a good scale and then get it certified. I found a place online and mailed mine in to get certified.

Then keep it with you and have a witness (can be pretty much anyone).

Does Decker still close at dark?

Comment

Buddy at work fishes out there a lot. I think last year he caught a hybrid that would have broke the lake record. He didn't look till he got home but he probably wouldn't have had it verified either way.

Comment

good un

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          That's a fat channel!

If you want to be ready to get your name in the record book then buy a good scale and then get it certified. I found a place online and mailed mine in to get certified.

Then keep it with you and have a witness (can be pretty much anyone).

Does Decker still close at dark?

Yessir still closes at dark

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
            Buddy at work fishes out there a lot. I think last year he caught a hybrid that would have broke the lake record. He didn't look till he got home but he probably wouldn't have had it verified either way.

The guy I go with also goes a lot..about every Sunday ...he had a hybrid come 1 inch short of the record which is 25 inches.... he caught a 40 pound carp trolling too

Comment

What trumps when it comes to records..weight or length or so you have to beat both?

Comment

I have the weigh record on hybrid in Lake Graham, it was also the length record but it died at the bank or I would have released it.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Pretty sure I caught the record small mouth on texoma after I had released the fish,and the started wondering why my buddy was so stoked about it. Really don’t care to be in a record book, but pretty cool to think about I guess. Also first and only small mouth I ever caught.

Comment

Nice fish

Comment

I use to have the state record striped mullet for bowfishing. It was big but most likely only got the record because hardly anyone certifies them.

Comment

Guy from work broke the blue cat record on eagle mountain but didn’t turn it in because his son has the record (that he did turn in) so just let it go.. I caught a drum out there that broke the lake record but didn’t care to turn it in..

Comment

My Nephew caught a world record Kentucky Spotted Bass (8 1/2 Pounds) about 20 years ago out of my Father-in-Law's pond near Jasper. He had it mounted and didn't realize it would have been a record. The record at that time was about 5 1/2 pounds.

Comment

Does your brother catching a 31in trout and not being entered in the star tourney count. Would have won the lower coast division that year

Comment

Working...
                              X