Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upside/downside to buying land in Oklahoma vs. Texas (or other neighboring state)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong again. I am a legend on TBH and have alot of friends from here. Your buddy is absoluetly top 3 most hated on the CFB thread.

Lol.
    Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    To think, some poor hunters have to share a lease with this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Wrong again. I am a legend on TBH and have alot of friends from here. Your buddy is absoluetly top 3 most hated on the CFB thread.

Lol.

I don’t have any “buddies” on TBH...
      In fact, I think I only personally know one person in here.

If you are a “legend” here with the kind of condescending attitude you seem to throw around (only have this and a deleted thread you started yesterday to judge by, but I’m sensing a theme) then I have no need to ever be legendary.

And, you perfectly exemplify why a lot of people avoid forums like TBH and Archerytalk. Too many people that just HAVE to prove they are right by shouting the loudest... kinda like politics nowadays.

Comment

Wrong again. I am a legend in my own mind on TBH and have alot of friends from here. Your buddy is absoluetly top 3 most hated on the CFB thread.

Lol.

I need stats on this. Fify

Comment

There are no deer in Oklahoma. Those deer checked in are poached from south of the red.

Comment

Lol at OKTX. You know we are good. Just us being us. Its funny. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              I don’t have any “buddies” on TBH...
              In fact, I think I only personally know one person in here.

If you are a “legend” here with the kind of condescending attitude you seem to throw around (only have this and a deleted thread you started yesterday to judge by, but I’m sensing a theme) then I have no need to ever be legendary.

And, you perfectly exemplify why a lot of people avoid forums like TBH and Archerytalk. Too many people that just HAVE to prove they are right by shouting the loudest... kinda like politics nowadays.

Yesterdays thread was deleted cause I said OKTX went full ratard. Lol. I know he is not offended and woukd just come back with a nice reply. Lol.

Dont be so thin skinned bro.

Comment

Lol.

Can I get an autograph? Maybe selfie?

Comment

Oklahoma harvests approximately 100,000 deer per year and average approximately 1 B&C buck per 10000 deer.

Texas harvests approximately 600000 deer per year and averages about 1 B&C buck per 20000+ deer.

So yeah per capita you have a good chance at a big deer in OK.

And that map you posted was from a period of almost 20-40 years ago and record book bucks taken in OK has increased significantly in the last 20 years.

Now then Texas is an amazing place and there are many amazing places to hunt. And if you can afford a high fence place and that's how you want to hunt then no doubt about it you're gonna have a much better chance of taking a big buck than most other places.

And comparing Wisconsin to Texas is even worse. Wisconsin has 3x as many B&C entries recently with 1/2 the number of deer harvested so that makes it 6x as many B&C deer per capita(deer harvest ).
                  Last edited by Phorizt; 07-20-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                    Oklahoma harvests approximately 100,000 deer per year and average approximately 1 B&C buck per 10000 deer.

Texas harvests approximately 600000 deer per year and averages about 1 B&C buck per 20000+ deer.

And that map you posted was from a period of almost 20-40 years ago and record book bucks taken in OK has increased significantly in the last 20 years.

Now then Texas is an amazing place and there are many amazing places to hunt. And if you can afford a high fence place and that's how you want to hunt then no doubt about it you're gonna have a much better chance of taking a big buck than most other places.

And comparing Wisconsin to Texas is even worse. Wisconsin has 3x as many B&C entries recently with 1/2 the number of deer harvested so that makes it 6x as many B&C deer per capita(deer population not human population).

Great overview. Definitely are some phenomenal areas of Texas to hunt, with enough coin.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for. Want a large managed lease, Texas definitely can’t be beat.
                    Want better “average joe” chances, there are much better options. That’s why I hunt Oklahoma. It’s not the best “average joe” option for HUGE bucks, but it’s only an hour away and has better chances than here.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to get my 5K. :/

Comment

Dear god people. A single county in Texas produces more B&C entries than the entire state of Oklahoma so your per capita claims fail again, miserably. I see opinions but all the facts go in my favor. Again, that is not even counting high fence deer. Lol. I bet the King ranch beats the entire state of Oklahoma yearly. Lol.

Again, Texas is #9 in entries the last 10 years and as stated in the article I posted a portion of would be #1 counting high fence deer. The vast majority of those come from an area of the state that is half the size of Oklahoma. The competition for Texas is Wisconsin. Facts not opinions.

This is fun. Lol.

It is fun. You are focused on a Small area of Texas. If Texas was only 5 counties you would have a point but it’s not.

Again as a state you are more likely to hit a net BC number as a whole across Okla then Texas...and that increases more as you move north, KS, NEB etc

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to get my 5K. :/
                          No because you lost badly. Facts and numbers vs opinions.

Don't forget Mulies and Axis DEER. Bigger than whitetail. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post

And comparing Wisconsin to Texas is even worse. Wisconsin has 3x as many B&C entries recently with 1/2 the number of deer harvested so that makes it 6x as many B&C deer per capita(deer harvest ).

Not counting high fence you are correct.

However:

And if you don’t mind hunting in a high-fence scenario (Boone and Crockett won’t recognize these trophies), Texas may be your best bet, because when you factor in all the giants taken behind high fences, it nearly certainly produces the most Booner-caliber bucks.

Comment

Now if you really want the best bang for your buck then you need to go to Kentucky. 1 B&C buck for every 3500 deer harvest(even better than Wisconsin). I doubled checked the TX numbers and it's actually 1 B&C for every 23000 deer harvested. So in Kentucky you would be 7x more likely to harvest a B&C buck. In OK you're 2.3x more likely to harvest a B&C buck than texas.

Sorry I'm a data/stats nerd and when I go down a rabbit hole like this I'll waste a lot of time looking up the actual numbers. Most people seem to make judgements and form their opinions based on their own limited experiences and rarely does that paint the whole picture.

Comment

No because you lost badly. Facts and numbers vs opinions.

Don't forget Mulies and Axis DEER. Bigger than whitetail. LOL.
                                Lost badly? Pretty sure I won very easily. I knew you would welch. City people. Ugh. Axis? This isn't India ��

Comment

Working...
                                X