WARNING about a contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING about a contractor

We have remodeled most of our home in Round Rock over the past 2 years. We had Blue Diamond Mill Works do custom cabinets in our kitchen. 10/10 would rather get kicked in the nuts than ever deal with those people again. Started 10/21 and still not done. Been caught lying to my wife, bare minimum of 10 no show no calls.

I’ll never do custom cabinets again. Our bathroom was done with semi custom and the cabinets were perfect and look every bit as good. Better experience for 1/2 the money

Cabinet guys, transmission guys, used car salesmen, taxidermists, and gunsmiths.

Comment

What price are they getting a linear foot for the custom cabinets?

Comment

Originally posted by abctx View Post
        cabinet guys, transmission guys, used car salesmen, taxidermists, and gunsmiths.
        wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
          Cabinet guys, transmission guys, used car salesmen, taxidermists, and gunsmiths.
          Pretty wide net thrown there........

Sorry for your frustration OP, hope all works out soon for you.

Rwc

Comment

None of these ever ripped us off.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              None of these ever ripped us off.

I don’t think that’s what he or the OP is saying. He stated frustration with communication and no shows or calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Op thanks for giving everyone a heads up on this contractor! There’s nothing worse than dealing with someone that doesn’t have the guts to just tell you, they are overwhelmed and behind schedule.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I have some custom cabinets in my home that need retrofitting but have had difficulty finding a trim or master carpenter who is interested (seems they’re only interest in complete new builds and installations) or available (at least within the same year).
                  Now that things have slowed down a bit pist-COVID, I need to get back on it.

Comment

You forgot insurance salesmeen, painters, roofers, and fly-by-night asphalt guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      You forgot insurance salesmeen, painters, roofers, and fly-by-night asphalt guys.
                      Its the same with anything, there are some good ones and bad ones.

The bad apples can definitely create this mentality. And seems to be growing these days unfortunately.

Sorry for your bad experience OP.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        You forgot GOF's [emoji56]

Comment

The fact that lawyers are not on this list is disappointing (kidding-mostly). The cabinets will be great once they finish. I totally get that struggling while you remodel a home is a first world problem. I just didn’t want anyone to go through the pain in the rear I have if I could help.

Note: I don’t necessarily think the price was bad-just the service and the level of professionalism

Comment

I'm in the opposite boat the guy who did my bathroom remodel finished the work like 3 weeks ago and has not come by to collect payment lol. I probably owe him somewhere between $18 and $20k and he has no showed me ever since he finished

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              I'm in the opposite boat the guy who did my bathroom remodel finished the work like 3 weeks ago and has not come by to collect payment lol. I probably owe him somewhere between $18 and $20k and he has no showed me ever since he finished
                              He got picked up, he'll be back over here in a week or two. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X