Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big truck to small (mid-sized) whos’ made the switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big truck to small (mid-sized) whos’ made the switch?

Does anyone regret, or love, their move from a full size pickup to something smaller? Especially want to hear from you big fellers. Also what did you move to?

2 F350 C/C long bed 4x4’s, both diesels to F150 Super Crew 4x4. The F150 was Fun to drive easy to park but could not carry anything in the bed with a toolbox. Gave the F150 to the wife and bought a 2020 F350 C/C STX longbed 4x4 with the new 7.3 gas engine. Sold the F150. Will not go back small.

Comment

Dropped my 1ton cc long bed to drive the ranch trycj(avalanche) and absolutely hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        2 F350 C/C long bed 4x4’s, both diesels to F150 Super Crew 4x4. The F150 was Fun to drive easy to park but could not carry anything in the bed with a toolbox. Gave the F150 to the wife and bought a 2020 F350 C/C STX longbed 4x4 with the new 7.3 gas engine. Sold the F150. Will not go back small.
        Interested in how you like the gas engine. Have had 2 F350 diesels with 4x4 CC long bed. Have a 2011 now with close to 200k miles. Just planning for the future.

Comment

Full Size to Mid Size = no Bueno.

Comment

I looking at downsizing from a CC 3/4 ton diesel to a half ton diesel for fuel mileage.

Interested in responses

Comment

Moved from a F-250 4X4 to a F150 4X4 and I am very happy.

Comment

Went from a Tacoma to a Ram 2500 to a Tundra. Absolutely no way I'd go back to a midsize. They cost about the same, get the same mpg as most half tons, aren't all that much smaller outside, and are cramped inside. A 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton can work unless you're one of the few who need a heavy duty truck. 1/2 ton to midsize is a no and 3/4 ton to midsize is a heck no IMO.

Comment

I went from a 2500 ram diesel to a Tundra. was a good move for me as I don't tow much outside my tractor.

Ram was a good truck. 350K + miles. Was a 2004, bought a 2020 Tundra. No regrets.

Comment

I did it in 1989, right after I got married. Sold my new extended cab 4x4 and bought a Chevy S10 so I could buy a good car for my wife. I'd sell a new truck to buy a good vehicle for my wife again, if I had to. But I'll never own anything smaller than a full size pickup again. It sucked.

Comment

I went from a Ram 3500 dually to a short bed F250.Knew I went wrong the first month I had it,bed was way to short and the rear would squat with just 1000# of corn.Kept it a couple years and now am back in a F350 dually.Will not do that again!

Comment

Yes and I messed up! I sold my perfectly awesome 1 ton 4x4 srw lwb Ford 6.7 on a Gmc at4 6.2 gasser and it’s hard to get four bags of groceries In the bed! Now I’m looking at a bigger tractor and could literally kick myself in the butt!

Comment

I did it and it didn't work for me. I went from 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks to trying a Tacoma for a while and I just couldn't do it. I'm just an average size guy at 5'11" 205lbs and it was too cramped for me. I don't know how bigger guys would do it. During hunting season the lack of bed space and small back seats were a drag. Dang thing was almost 40 grand, got worse gas mileage than my F150 and couldn't get out of it's own way. No more little trucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                            Interested in how you like the gas engine. Have had 2 F350 diesels with 4x4 CC long bed. Have a 2011 now with close to 200k miles. Just planning for the future.
                            Bought a F350 crew cab long bed with the 7.3. It has the 4:30 gears. I really like this truck & drove diesels for years. For average towing & such, no way I would ever go back diesel.

Comment

I have a taco & F350. No way I would go to taco alone. I had a Tundra I traded in on the F350. I loved the tundra,but just not enough room when we headed to the ranch. Love the 8 ft bed after having a Megacab for years.I drive the taco when I go by myself or one other person goes & we don't need much room for gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X