Usfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usfl

Somehow I don’t think I can get used to this.

With USFL's inaugural season underway, here's everything you need to know about the league.

I give it a year and it folds like a wet blanket.

Can't believe they left out the San Antonio Gunslingers.

Comment

It has some good points, but the overall quality of play is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as they keep it about football and not kneeling or politics, I will watch it over NFL. Getting tired of the those NFL scholars and their agendas. I don't care about anything they have to say about anything, but football.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I give it a year and it folds like a wet blanket.

Based on history, it’s hard to argue with this.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          It has some good points, but the overall quality of play is bad.

Quality of play is no worse than CFB. I’d dare say it’s likely to be better considering not every CFB starter is good enough to play professionally, regardless of the league. Is it the same level as NFL, no. But, I wouldn’t go so far as to say quality of play is bad. If that’s the case then CFB is really bad and HS football is deplorable. If compared only to NFL, I’d agree.

Comment

I like the post TD rule where you can go for 1, 2 or 3 pts...I watched a little in the beginning, but looks like I shoulda watched the end. I hope it succeeds & brings up some unknowns into the nfl.

The New Jersey Generals and Birmingham Stallions played a thriller in the first game of the United States Football League on Saturday night.

Comment

I was enjoying the XFL before covid hit. Not too sure about this USFL. Time will tell.

Comment

I think the players will put out more effort hoping to be noticed by an NFL team .

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Based on history, it’s hard to argue with this.

Quality of play is no worse than CFB. I’d dare say it’s likely to be better considering not every CFB starter is good enough to play professionally, regardless of the league. Is it the same level as NFL, no. But, I wouldn’t go so far as to say quality of play is bad. If that’s the case then CFB is really bad and HS football is deplorable. If compared only to NFL, I’d agree.

College has the enormous advantages of loyalty/hate, history, and pageantry, going for it. I suppose that’s why the quality of play stood out last night, particularly at QB. I will confess, I did not watch it all.

I did enjoy all the extra mics, and insight that they provide, Joel Klatt was great as always, and I LOVED the play clock shortened to 35 seconds.

Comment

I watched a little bit. It was nice to have football on TV.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully they can grow it into a good/entertaining league, more football wouldn’t be a bad thing

Comment

I noticed the USFL logo being red white and blue with stars. Perhaps they should push the anthem and police support hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I noticed the USFL logo being red white and blue with stars. Perhaps they should push the anthem and police support hard.

They aired the National Anthem and showed every player standing with most having hands over their hearts. I'd say that's the image they're wanting to depict. They'll have lots of fans over just that regardless of the level of football. I mean look at how many TBHers boycotted the NFL over the bad NFL politics. Despite the fact that many of them probably never watched anyhow and wouldn't know Cover-2 from Covergirl.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            They aired the National Anthem and showed every player standing with most having hands over their hearts. I'd say that's the image they're wanting to depict. They'll have lots of fans over just that regardless of the level of football. I mean look at how many TBHers boycotted the NFL over the bad NFL politics. Despite the fact that many of them probably never watched anyhow and wouldn't know Cover-2 from Covergirl.

Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford. What do I win?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                              Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford. What do I win?

But, do you know what a cover-2 is? [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                              X