String change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String change

Besides for the obvious reasons, how often do you change your bow string? I’m going on 4 years on my current string and was thinking about putting a new string on. If I averaged my shooting out, I’d guess I shoot 2 times a week, prolly about 80 shots a week. What’s everyone else do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I've shot 300 or so arrows a week ofd season. Sometimes more. However this year a bone spur has really limited my shooting and at this rate a string will last me a lifetime.
    10,000 shots or so.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji1303], good to know! Thanks

Comment

I try to have a couple made up for each bow and rotate them every so often. That way if I accidentally cut one I have a shot in string but they will last for many years if modern materials.

Comment

One of my bows has a string on it, that is near 30 years old.
          That bow is near 100# draw weight at my draw. I won't hesitate to shoot it, and still do occasionally.

That string has been taken good care of though. Waxed when it needs it, and not left strung. If the draw weight were lower, I'd probably leave it strung.

There are really only two things, that will degrade string material, and age isn't one of them. UV, and mold. Both of which are preventable with good string care of cleaning drying, and rewaxing.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
            I try to have a couple made up for each bow and rotate them every so often. That way if I accidentally cut one I have a shot in string but they will last for many years if modern materials.

Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              One of my bows has a string on it, that is near 30 years old.
              That bow is near 100# draw weight at my draw. I won't hesitate to shoot it, and still do occasionally.

That string has been taken good care of though. Waxed when it needs it, and not left strung. If the draw weight were lower, I'd probably leave it strung.

There are really only two things, that will degrade string material, and age isn't one of them. UV, and mold. Both of which are preventable with good string care of cleaning drying, and rewaxing.

Rick

Thanks Rick

Comment

I don’t change my string till I see a need to. Usually, that is excessive fraying in one of the loops. I get thousands and thousands of shots out of a string before I replace it.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X