GOF Medicare question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOF Medicare question

How many of you geezers had your Medicare go up this year? Mine went up $40.00 with the caveat that “You will not receive another premium increase before August 1, 2022”. Well, that’s nice to know.
    Another question. I’m on my wife’s insurance as well. Should I drop my supplemental insurance and stay on wife’s and save that cash or get off wife’s. Don’t trust Medicare at all. Sooner or later the illegals are gonna bankrupt that system.
    Finally I have limited V A benefits but don’t really understand the extent of those benefits. I’ve had people tell me to get a doctor and try to get more benefits. Told them I’m not gonna game the system. We have veterans that need all they can get. All I want from VA is what I’ve earned.
    So, if it were y’all how would you go about reducing your healthcare coverage or would you?

Keep which ever policy has the best coverage. How long can your wife keep hers. Will she lose it if she changes jobs or retires?

Comment

Wife will be working another 15 years. Don’t really want to drop hers cause it may be hard for me to get back on it. I think the Medicare supplement is the one I’m questioning the most.

Comment

Can't help with the supplement. I have prepaid health and medicare

Comment

I use Humana suppliment at $160.00 a month. A huge difference from 2 years back when I was paying Blue Cross $1400.00 a month..............

Comment

To prepare for retirement I took out a Medicare Supplemental policy. At $200 a month it's cheaper than what I was paying for the company insurance. Plus it's better insurance regarding co-pay.
            Look at Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plan F.

Comment

I was presented with a couple packages and was told these were the packages available for where I lived. It sounded weird but I accepted it. I was told that nu law they all had to offer you a minimum of the same thing and then I guess you have add insurance to that. Mine went up to almost $370 and change per quarter.

Comment

Mine hasn’t gone up yet but I may have already started high since I just started last month.

Comment

Working...
                X