My Best Trail Camera Spot Yet (Arizona)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Best Trail Camera Spot Yet (Arizona)

Howdy. I think this is my favorite trail camera setup yet. I experimented with putting the camera really close to where I figured the animals would come in. I have a rifle tag for this area in October. There are more deer in this area than what the footage shows. They probably prefer water with better escape routes and that doesn't smell like bear and lion

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krdtwZbL-Os&t=783s"]Arizona Trail Camera Setup and Pickup: Hidden Mountain Pool - YouTube[/ame]

Nice video, when does the camera ban take affect? Means videos like this will be no more.

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
      Nice video, when does the camera ban take affect? Means videos like this will be no more.
      Thanks for watching. The ban starts January 1st of 2022. I'll still be running cameras. I just won't be able to hunt those areas. That's how the rule works (trail cameras are banned for "aiding in the take of wildlife"). It's pretty silly. All my cameras tell me are if I'm wasting my time or not sitting that area.

Comment

i shot my biggest bow buck on a water hole that was overrun w big bear and lion... so I would not count this spot at all
        thx for sharing, and yea you may want to rethink posting stuff if they do indeed ban the cams lol

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          i shot my biggest bow buck on a water hole that was overrun w big bear and lion... so I would not count this spot at all
          thx for sharing, and yea you may want to rethink posting stuff if they do indeed ban the cams lol
          True you never know when a bruiser is going to walk by. They seem to show up where the other 99% of don't. Which state was your bow buck kill?

Comment

Another great video! Has your part of the state not been affected by the drought too badly?

Comment

Originally posted by KY Boy View Post
              True you never know when a bruiser is going to walk by. They seem to show up where the other 99% of don't. Which state was your bow buck kill?
              New mexico..got lucky on a public land draw hunt.. it was tough for the most part but right place and time..43 yd poke and the ramcat tore a nasty hole in him for a short track job
              Attached Files

Comment

Great footage, OP. That nighttime sequence on the adult and juvenile lions was pretty cool.

Comment

Didnt realize they were banning cameras

Comment

very cool!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Another great video! Has your part of the state not been affected by the drought too badly?
                        My area was ground zero for some of the worst drought. Which is why this waterhole was so popular. Some of these streams run underground and fill little pools like this. They are gold for wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          New mexico..got lucky on a public land draw hunt.. it was tough for the most part but right place and time..43 yd poke and the ramcat tore a nasty hole in him for a short track job
                          That’s awesome. Still after my first archery deer.

Comment

nice video

Comment

can you share more pics or videos

Comment

Working...
                              X