2022. College baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
    You better hope aggie makes a really deep run. If not it's going to get interesting around here.
    A lot more pressure on other teams to make a deep run...

Comment

I still have hopes of Texas winning the last 4 and hosting a regional. The deep history of post season baseball in Austin may have carry some weight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
        A lot more pressure on other teams to make a deep run...
        Like who? The pressure should be on the top 8 national seeds.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-17-2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Like who? The pressure should be on the top 8 national seeds.

You don't think expectations are higher for a team that started the season #1, than a team rebuilding with a new coach?

Comment

You don't think expectations are higher for a team that started the season #1, than a team rebuilding with a new coach?
            Then yes. Now no.

Expectations cannot be great if you don't host a regional. However Texas' record is about the same as Tech and A&M yet they are ranked much lower in D1 but higher in RPI.
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-17-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
              You better hope aggie makes a really deep run. If not it's going to get interesting around here.

They already have…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                TCU and Texas State RPI’d (cancelled) their Tuesday games this week as well. I’ll sit tight here and wait for the backlash. [emoji51]

I missed a bunch being out of town, but it’s still quitting! And I would root for both those schools over most.

If Texas does it in the future, it will be quitting then too! I suppose it’s the way the world is now, but Ifs still quitting and I hate it.

Comment

I’m not for it but as someone mentioned earlier, it’s the broken system. They need to fix it now before every team w/ a chance to host, quits their last couple Tuesday games. Makes no sense to lose ground in the RPI with a win. The next thing that will happen, if teams aren’t allowed to cancel games, is they will not schedule the UIW’s & HBU’s of the world which is a great experience for those players. It’s better to lose to Stanford 10-0 than to beat UIW 10-0 with the current system. Makes zero sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
                    I’m not for it but as someone mentioned earlier, it’s the broken system. They need to fix it now before every team w/ a chance to host, quits their last couple Tuesday games. Makes no sense to lose ground in the RPI with a win. The next thing that will happen, if teams aren’t allowed to cancel games, is they will not schedule the UIW’s & HBU’s of the world which is a great experience for those players. It’s better to lose to Stanford 10-0 than to beat UIW 10-0 with the current system. Makes zero sense.

I’d say the cancelled games would cause the committee to look at the system but I dont have much faith in them that put it in place first.

Comment

I still have hopes of Texas winning the last 4 and hosting a regional. The deep history of post season baseball in Austin may have carry some weight.

The schedule is easy enough to win out. But you know how baseball can be.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the series at Ole Miss this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
                        Actually it makes some sense. SoS figures into the RPI. No clue if it would really make a team drop or not, one game late in the season.

Comment

Bottom line, the system shouldn't be able to be manipulated like this. All teams should have to play all games that are scheduled first of year. This is an easy error in the system to fix. Not sure why it hasn't been.

Comment

Its all about RPI.

Comment

Do you understand baseball season?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I missed a bunch being out of town, but it’s still quitting! And I would root for both those schools over most.

If Texas does it in the future, it will be quitting then too! I suppose it’s the way the world is now, but Ifs still quitting and I hate it.

Dale, it's been happening for a couple of years now. This is nothing new unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X