Cell phone signal boost for metal building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
    Do you have access to internet in your metal building? If so enable WiFi Calling on your phone settings. This might be a quick fix. I had to do this inside my house with zero issues.
    I do not, the wife and I are one of those that don't have cable or internet at the house. If we need internet, we have hot spot data on our phones that we can use. Can't say I've really missed the cable for the last 6 years either. Cell service is good at the house, but at the shop it is lacking.

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming I like to get as much info as possible.

Comment

I use weboost and it works great for me.

Comment

The weboost has worked great for me.

-john

Comment

WeBoost with directional antenna works great for us out in the boon docks. Here is my write up on mine with pics linked below. Its been flawless ever since. I went with the 5000 sq feet in hopes to get some outside presence through the door and window and because they didn't have the 1500 sq ft version. We do get some outside presence but not near as good as inside. I'll probably take the cheaper 1500 sq foot model next time...if i ever need to upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cell booster 2015a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	24642117

Comment

Do these work with any carrier or are they specific?

Comment

installed a refurb weboost multiroom at my house over the weekend. Phone service was always 1 bar or so but data speeds were horrible. I rely on my VZ mifi hotspot to run a few devices in my house including watching TV, so the slow data speeds were not tolerable any longer. My signal has increased to about 3 bars inside my house and data speeds have increased, though not as much as I hoped they would have. Also, the multiroom unit was supposed to be good for 5k sq ft I believe. I only get a boosted signal if I am in the same room as it which works okay for my mifi device because I set it up near the internal antenna. Only issue so far has been how warm the booster gets at times. I hit it with an IR thermometer and it was around 115 degrees. Not sure if that is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post

Used to be specific...Now they are for the most part all encompassing for ATT & Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile (if they have towers in your area.)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Used to be specific...Now they are for the most part all encompassing for ATT & Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile (if they have towers in your area.)
                  Perfect. I have Verizon and my hunting partner has AT&T and neither one of us get service in the house which is in one end of the metal barn.

Comment

We have the $500 we post in our shop. Normally have 2 bars of LTE when outside but even with shop completely closed up we get 5 bars inside the shop. I used the Antenna that came with the kit mounted about 10’ high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      https://assets.wilsonelectronics.com...spec-Sheet.pdf

Works great, but I did it before they installed. The $300 extra they charge for the install would have been worth the money in my case.
                      What i have and it works great.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm also using a WeBoost, and it works perfectly.

Comment

It depends on the tower you are focused on. In my case it'll boost AT&T but not Verizon.

Comment

It depends on the tower you are focused on. In my case it'll boost AT&T but not Verizon.

Just a plug for Wilson Electronics (Weboost) their customer service is amazing. They will spend an hour on the phone with you and really help you get dialed in and find the best tower to aim etc.

Comment

I just bought a we boost for the ranch, have little to no service inside the house. Have 1-2 bars outside. I’m installing it this weekend and will report back on how it does.
                              FYI, I have AT&T.

Comment

I'm on our WeBoost right now. Works awesome and came with a directional antenna. 1-2 bars outside with 4-5 inside my travel trailer which is always parked inside our metal shop (my deer camp). In other words, I have aluminum travel trailer walls between my devices and the inside antenna. I was watching youtube last night on my laptop using my cell as a hotspot with NO lag.

I have the multi-room version.

Comment

Working...
                                X