No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man! Things were going to good! Had the kids on the private lake out here in the country yesterday evening and out of nowhere motor starts bogging when I give it throttle.

Going to mess with it today. I'm just going to bet that it dropped a cylinder. Because that's what the universe does. I've been babying the hell out of it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Man! Things were going to good! Had the kids on the private lake out here in the country yesterday evening and out of nowhere motor starts bogging when I give it throttle.

Going to mess with it today. I'm just going to bet that it dropped a cylinder. Because that's what the universe does. I've been babying the hell out of it.

Told ya, you need a roostertail sponsor!

The best to ya on get-n it figured out.

Comment

Well- good news. Compression still perfect. Has spark, gonna run through carbs, and fresh gas and see what happens. Then go from there.

Comment

Well- good news. Compression still perfect. Has spark, gonna run through carbs, and fresh gas and see what happens. Then go from there.

Motor bogging when you give it throttle sounds like high speed jets Flex?

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Motor bogging when you give it throttle sounds like high speed jets Flex?
            That's what I'm hoping. Seems to rev fine, and idles fine still.

I also had about 1/4 tank of gas or less. Didn't want to drive 30 minutes round trip to get gas to go play on the lake out at the house for 1 hour. Maybe it sucked something.

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. Seems to rev fine, and idles fine still.

I also had about 1/4 tank of gas or less. Didn't want to drive 30 minutes round trip to get gas to go play on the lake out at the house for 1 hour. Maybe it sucked something.

My old boat did that one time. Would run and idle fine in the driveway on a hose but when you put a load on the motor it wouldn't run in the water. Turned out it was the jets clogged. Hope thats your problem buddy.

Comment

My old boat did that one time. Would run and idle fine in the driveway on a hose but when you put a load on the motor it wouldn't run in the water. Turned out it was the jets clogged. Hope thats your problem buddy.
                Me too! I could use a break! Haha.

Comment

Made it home from Lake Washington! Man I hate that lake. We were in 19fth after day one and ended up 13th. Found good fish on docks a couple days before the tourney but they were gone day one. Head to Truman twice next month. Hopefully water level will come down some before then. Looking forward to fishing back in Texas this week!

Comment

I got lucky! Cleaned carbs, replaced some fuel lines, new inline filter, fresh gas. Vroom vroom.

I was so worried, because when my 90 Yamaha pooped a cylinder it behaved just like that. Well, we live to fish another day!

Comment

We hit up Rayburn again yesterday morning and had 53 in the cooler by 9:30 am and ended up bringing home 67. All on hand tied jigs👍
                      Attached Files

Comment

With the price of groceries going up so fast, livescope looks like a good investment Mike! Nice haul!

Comment

Lip brought his wife Pam out to Sandlin this morning. It was not as easy as last weekend and they had to catch 70 or 80 fish to be able to sort through the small fish. They stayed at it and finished their box of fish before it got too hot. We fished brush piles in 15 to 20 foot of water. Pam caught hers on minnows while Ed used a 1/8 oz hand tied with the 8’ Bonehead rods.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	280650303_1197740057666764_5520908806321964212_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24683255

Name:	280573321_1197740014333435_7947678459898325595_n.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24683256

Name:	280570762_1197739974333439_8124317619938235647_n.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	24683257

Name:	280562848_1197739981000105_8784511403699029133_n.jpg
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	24683258

Comment

We hit up Rayburn again yesterday morning and had 53 in the cooler by 9:30 am and ended up bringing home 67. All on hand tied jigs👍
                            i'm gonna give rayburn a whirl with livescope on Wednesday
                            any advice greatly appreciated!

Comment

went with acadian outdoor charters on toledo bend yesterday. fished brushpiles with the live scope. came home with limits of nice fish by 11am great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                Lip brought his wife Pam out to Sandlin this morning. It was not as easy as last weekend and they had to catch 70 or 80 fish to be able to sort through the small fish. They stayed at it and finished their box of fish before it got too hot. We fished brush piles in 15 to 20 foot of water. Pam caught hers on minnows while Ed used a 1/8 oz hand tied with the 8’ Bonehead rods.
                                [ATTACH]1089711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089712[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089714[/ATTACH]

I’ve always wondered why that string of floats is in that cove. Figure it has something to do with the power plant. Good job!!

Comment

Working...
                                X