Must try food places in the hill country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must try food places in the hill country

Wife and I going to the hill country on an anniversary trip. Staying in Wimberley.
    Thanks in advance! You guys have never let me down!

Fredricksburg cotton gin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Creekside BBQ is good. I think they closed the brick and mortar and are only in a trailer now.

Comment

I like Mamacita's in Fredericksburg and Kerville, especially like their Carnitas. Willow Creek in Mason is pretty good. The one time we stayed in Wimberley I remember not liking the restaurants they had there. Was about 7 years ago though.

Comment

The bowling alley in Blanco used to be pretty good but I haven’t been in a few years.

Comment

pasta bella in fredricksburg... best hole in wall italian place I have ever been to

Comment

The Hays County Store just East of Wimberley is pretty dang good, and a really cool environment!

If you make your way up to Fredericksburg, you gotta eat at Crossroads Salon & Steakhouse. They have phenomenal food, and generally have great live music playing in their "venue" area. The Pecan Grove store is a pretty cool hole in the wall burger place going north of town off 16 towards Llano.

Comment

Hays City Store in Driftwood is a great Hill Country atmosphere with excellant food. Always crowded. It is a do not miss if in Wimberley. The CFS is great. Pan fried ribeye. The gravy is made in the pan from the grease like you make at home.

Some of the best bbq and tex mex in the state can be found in San Marcos.

Herbert's Taco Hut - cheese enchiladas. You have to ask for chile con carne and onions. Life changing.

Hays County BBQ - brisket and ribs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a site you can see what is close by and in Wemberly:

On Saturday around 630 on CBS in Austin, there is the TV show, "Good Taste With Tanji." She visits different resturants and gives you a report on their specicality.

The wife and I have always been happen with the ones we visited.

Looks like https://www.leaningpear.com/ is in Wimberly, but check that site out as its all the places she's visited in Hill County. You may find some close by to where you're staying.

Comment

Leaning Pear is a liberal hipster place. Avoid like the plague. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                      Creekside BBQ is good. I think they closed the brick and mortar and are only in a trailer now.
                      No more Creekside Cookers trailer either.

However, my friend Kelly that owned it is back in his old trailer. Kelly's Hill Country BBQ. His brisket is as good as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                        The bowling alley in Blanco used to be pretty good but I haven’t been in a few years.
                        I sure miss eating at that place.

Comment

Trattoria Lisina is good if you like a nicer Italian type place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alamo Springs Cafe outside Fredericksburg. More of a lunch spot, but one of the best burger and onion rings I’ve had.

Just checked and it’s a little far from where you’ll be.
                            Last edited by TheHammer; 05-12-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hildee’s just opened up, but haven’t been in yet. I hear good things. Avoid Milagros.

Comment

Working...
                              X