Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of you pig hunters need this

Comment

I have pig lights. I just seem to stay up late enough to make them worth while. They've got about 30 minutes after dark. After that I'm back to camp and a stiff during in my cup. I love killing pigs. But I'm not quite that angry at them.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
        Bought a solar motion flood light from Northern Tools for my set. Painted the light with green stain glass paint from Hobby Lobby. Mounted the light and solar panel on a 2' 2x4. ratchet strapped it to a tree 12' off the ground. Light didn't bother anything that came in. Think I had less than $40 invested.
        I don't bother painting or coloring the lights, bright white doesn't bother the critters. This feeder (pipe off camera) is 100 yards from the cabin. Heck they even come out when the generator is running.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The pig pipe lights are going to have to go on hold for a short while.
          All my extra cash is going into building me a really good all wood bow blind for the farm.

The popup blinds are just way to expensive for a good one suitable for trad bows, and they don't last long enough to justify the expense. The blind I am building will be 1000 times better than a popup, at only 2/3rds the cost, and will probably last me the rest of my life.

The pigs haven't come to the pipe here at the house for a while now, but they are really hitting the one over at the farm.

Rick

Comment

A permanent, well built blind is nice to have. But too often tough to move around because they are heavy. Personally I'm am not a good wood craft person. Now steel tubing and sheet metal I can make work.
            I bought two tall pop up blinds for $140 each last year that are plenty tall to shoot trad bows from but they are not something I'd leave out more than hunting season unless able to have full shade like I do. We use them on the leased land. But on our spot, yeah, permanent blinds I can shoot out of is a nice thing to have. Comfortable and sealed helps as well.

Comment

Since you brought up pop-ups, what are your recommendations for one to shoot trad from? I wouldn't leave them out more than a month or two. We have good ladder and tree stand setups, but I'd like to take the kiddo with me this year, and she isn't real good about sitting still for long, lol

Comment

I bought two of these. Adequate and plenty tall with shoot through mesh and multiple window options.
                https://www.amazon.com/Barronett-Bli...2306743&sr=8-4Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220511-170611.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24683090

Comment

I have a Big Mike's as well. Costs more but is a bit more heavy duty.

Comment

I use a Barronett Big Cat 360 last year. Plenty of room but it faded quick and only lasted a few months with our South Texas heat. Great while it lasted.

Comment

Fade is easy to work with. I've used flex seal and spray paint on blinds before to get longevity out of them. I have a five or so year old Big Mike's but I normally don't leave it out year round and I keep it in the shade amap.

Comment

The pipe disappeared off camera a few weeks ago. Found the pipe some 300 yards away, across the field. The eyelet did not hold up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No they don't. Just weld it or buy a solid eye one
                          I've had that happen. It's kind of scary the teeth marks that were o?n mine when I finally found it. There are some big *** pigs out that way.

Comment

Working...
                          X