Generac Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generac Generators

Who's got one? Pros and cons? Which is better air cooled or water cooled?

How big ( kw ) are you talking? Biggest one I've seen was 800 amps at a police station that I remodeled. Diesel and water cooled and really impressive.

Comment

Probably a 24K

Comment

For a 24k it’ll be water cooled, from what I understand Kohlers have superior motors to generac (something about hydraulic lifters not needing adjustments). But right now get what you can find. We are just now installing some generators sold last spring/summer that have been back ordered.

Comment

My neighbor just had one installed and it's all you'll need. You'll have to get your gas meter upsized to meet the demand though.

Comment

My dad has had his 20kw air cooled general since 2007. Never any issues and it gets used fairly often being they live out in the country. Squirrels like to blow transformers.
            2 othe family members have them as well with no issues.

We will be putting one in on our new house when we get finished. Plan to go with the new 24kw air cooled that they came out with

Comment

I’ve heard the air cooled ones need an oil change every 24 hours or around there. If they don’t get one it can void the warranty. Here on the coast after a hurricane we could be without power a week or more. That’s a lot of oil changes.

Comment

Get a Kohler liquid cooled. Thank me later.

Comment

Not sure that would be the case. It's in an enclosed case like the Bobcat welders so why would it need a more frequent oil change than those.

Comment

I have one at work for about the last 10 years. It has a small block ford. Looks like a mustang engine. Never misses a beat. Not sure you can get them with this engine any more though. No complaints but I have heard that the new Generac branded engine had some issues at first.

Comment

Generac Generators

24KW Generac installed last August. No major power outages but have run a couple of hours on manual. No issues yet. Installed with 7 year warranty and going to change the first
                      oil myself after about 10 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 24 kw Generac (air cooled) and have installed several more. No issues with any of them so far. The 10 hour oil change is incorrect. The first scheduled change is 25 hours, then every 200 hrs after that.

Comment

We lose power out here quite often. Sometimes during perfect weather.
                          But during heavy ice storms it can be off for several hours
                          My 22K generac has never missed a beat in the past two years
                          Best investment I have made in a long time.
                          I bought a 1,000 propane tank for those extended outages.

Comment

Generac Generators

I have had a 32kw liquid cooled generac for 2.5 years. My area has frequent power outages and it has performed flawlessly. I’ve had it serviced once during this time. I believe I got 5 years of maintenance and a 10 yr warranty on it when I bought it. Probably need to have it serviced again now that I think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got an 18k here !
                              Installed ourselves and love it.
                              Def recommend one.

Comment

Working...
                              X