Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fixed a herniated disc without surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the steroid shot for disc in my neck, it’s been holding up for 2 years.

Comment

Steroid shots, but they may work or may not work. My first years ago lasted 4 years, others not so much.

PHYSICAL THERAPY exercises and do them religiously!

Been dealing with a herniated disc with a bulging disc above and below since the mid 80's.

Comment

Read this: https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-.../dp/0446557684

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          20 years ago I had 2 Dr.'s tell me I needed surgery for mine. I had a chiropractor that was a sports therapy guy for the Cleveland Browns convince me he could fix me.
          The first time he manipulated me I came off the table and onto the floor, it hurt and I was having none of it but he kept at me and after a few months I was better and about 6 months the pain went away and I have never had a problem since.
          This worked for me as well. Went 3 times a week for close to 3 months 3 years ago. Had to use a cane sometimes and almost bought a walker it was so bad. Finally went away and no more pain. Yet!!

Comment

I started PBM therapy (Photobiomodulation) this week. My pain was substantially reduced immediately after the first treatment, leaving me feeling better than I have in nearly a year. I managed to bring some of the pain back during a softball game but I’m pretty optimistic of the process nonetheless.

Comment

Go see a neurosurgeon. Then see another one for a second opinion. Stick with ortho's for orthopedic issues. My neighbor is an orthopedic surgeon and he gave me the above advice.

I've had two micro discectomies and a a 2 level acdf fusion. None are fun, however with a great PT post op recovery will go smoothly. I went on a Davis mountain auodad hunt 9 months after my first micro surgery. Just be smart and gradually increase weight bearing amounts. Walking, stretching, more walking and stretching are keys. Load bearing and weights will.come eventually. Posture awareness and weight loss are helpful. I lost 50 pounds after the first surgery. 12 years later I had the other two, unfortunately I'm probably not finished.

Good.luck!

Comment

3 years ago had an MRI that showed a herniation that was causing neuropathy in my lower legs. Got an injection and felt a LOT better. Then about 6 months ago I started waking up at night with lower back pain. It got to the point where I would wake up every night in pain, but after rolling on my side the pain would decrease where I could go back to sleep. But I am a back sleeper so inevitably I would wake up again in pain. After getting another MRI, I’ve got bulging disks in the L4, L5, and S1 areas. One of them they said is showing signs of a minor tear now. Got a series of 3 injections a week and a half ago, then have an appointment for more injections a week from now. Unlike the first time I got injections in my back, this most recent round only gave me relief for about 3 days. The doc never stated how far the disks are bulging. What kind of exercises are y’all doing that help?

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                  I have ran the course on steroids, therapy, pain killers. Funny you post this. I’m going to use spinal decompression therapy after thanksgiving. I’ll let you know.
                  I did spinal decompression for mine along with a lot of inversion board time. Took care of it. I was highly impressed with the decompression. 21st century torture but it was great. I bet a few of us could wrangle together some ratchet straps and get ya going!

Comment

my wife had a severely herniated disk in her lower back. They drilled through the spine and blasted it with a laser. She walked the dogs the next day. It has been 9 years and she has had no issues at all.

Comment

I’ve had 3 disc worked on. I really need a spinal but I can’t make myself do it. One thing I’ve learned was after they do a discetomy, being able to do a disc replacement is highly unlikely. It at least in my case.

Comment

I am 61 and my experience is that if I don't stick with my exercise regimen which consists of situps, pushups and crunches, I will gain weight and the back problems start up again. It doesn't take too much exercise, but the diet is the most important to keep the weight off. My diet basically consists of limiting protein to about 4 oz of beef or 6 oz of chicken etc. and fresh vegetables whether raw or cooked per meal. My snacks are Premier protein drinks only. When I stray from my diet I gain weight and then begin to have back problems.

Comment

Go get a ring dinger in Houston from chiropractor Dr. Gregory Johnson.lmk what you think!

Comment

1) Lose even more weight
                            2) Add physical therapy and mix in acupuncture and chiropractic as well. PT and building core is key. Chiro and acupuncture only deal with flare ups and offer no long term solution
                            3) yoga is magic for a bad back. Don’t be too proud to do it. It changed my life (core training is good with it and added bonus was less stress and better sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I don't have any advice but I feel for ya I have 5 herniated disks in my back. I have had pt, steroid injections, radial imblasion, and lamenectomy surgery and still dealing with pain. Just had another MRI 2 wks ago and they are getting worse. That's even after losing 25 lbs. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X