TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxtbowhunter View Post
    Has anyone used formic acid pro? How did it do?
    I’ve tried regular formic acid slightly diluted with water but never the formic pro. Regular old formic didn’t work with a shot compared to any of the other mite treatments I’ve used. Definitely the most cost effective though.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      If I aint mistaken, he was the guy that tried to make it illegal to beekeep in Tx unless they had a multiple hour course, taught by him. Cannot remember the politician that was in his court. Lina something if I remember correctly
      He seems like a kook to say the least

Comment

Swarm time up here in MD this is the commercial guy near me on 4/8 temps 64-46 but rained and cooler for a couple days and clear that day. He caught one swarm in a trap in his yard and chasing this one. You can see the swarm on branch above that he had shook down and now it's reswarming.
        My trap is 1/4 mile away and has activity looks like they are cleaning out trap. I had scraped some propolis into trap from last years frames to freshen smell. Thought I saw some entering with pollen. Giving them a week or 2 to see what looks like before moving home.
        Attached Files

Comment

No queen cells on my inspection today (Jarrell) and only about 10 drone cells noted.
          I agree that things are a little behind schedule this year.
          Very dry here, but some pollen being brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220404/137bb8a4497159d4adf4fe4e8881d45c
            .jpg[/IMG]

Biggest removal I’ve done. Pounds and pounds of bees.
            How did that go? Your a brave dude!

Comment

We finished busting yesterday and will have 800 extra queen cells ready to go Saturday morning if anyone wants them. Free.99. You can take 1, 10, or all 800 it doesn’t matter to me. Pick up in Winnie.

Comment

All these cells were grafted out of some very nice breeder queens we bought this spring. Would be great genetics to add to your bees.

Comment

I need one

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Rookie has 3 swarms caught so far figure an expert would have caught 10 -20 since I just put out traps basically blind. Have 10 traps still out scouts hitting 3 pretty hard with 1 fanning on landing board. Swarms going crazy up here with temps in high 70's and low 80's.

Comment

Caught 4th swarm yesterday, they weren't in box was getting late so we swept them into another box. Looked for queen hoping to cage her but these rookies SUCK at finding queens especially under pressure. Cold here lastnite 38 degrees screened opening and opened mid day today put on a top hive feeder in a super so we'll see if they stay.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Our very first hive is doing great in centerville. Set them out about a month ago and had to add second level. Wife has been feeding them. Very relaxed hive. They seem to like their waterfront view (spring fed creek).

Fast forward to 1:00

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965JI7IgBJw"]KCA Ranch Update: Slag work and Bees - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Got 2 out of water meters today.

Comment

I’ve got so many bees this year. Went through winter with 10 double deeps. Split three yesterday. I don’t care to put on a third brood box. The other 7 are pretty good on space for now but they are all wall to wall brood so that’s going to change soon. Put out 6 swarm traps on our 6 acres and two empty hives in the bee yard. Have 4 swarms in the traps and one in the hive box as of today. Built nuks today for them. Plan on painting them in the morning then giving them a few days to air out. Ordered 100 sheets of foundation yesterday from mann lake. I need to assemble 100 deep frames tomorrow. I’m running behind as always this should have been done during the winter.

Comment

Just checking has everyone got their supers on ? With the drought I wasn’t sure how the flow was going to
                                be effected in differently areas. We are blessed in Tarkington. We are the Amazon rainforest of Texas. Wish I could send some out West.
                                Last edited by sharkhunter; 04-28-2022, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X