TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I tried to give away a bunch of queen cells last week but didn’t have any takers.
    Really? Well, without Drones it is a mute point and I haven't seen any Drones yet.
    Am I incorrect? Ya gotta have Drones.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Really? Well, without Drones it is a mute point and I haven't seen any Drones yet.
      Am I incorrect? Ya gotta have Drones.
      Plenty of drones in all of my bees.

Comment

I have two hives, one is really full of bees and healthy, the other has not so many bees but seems healthy. Both obviously survived the sub-zero temps from 2021 winter and this winter with 2 back-to-back ice storms.
        Yet, I opened the smaller the other day, it has some brood in it and moderate
        honey levels but this hive doesn't seem to want to grow in numbers over the past couple years.
        Anyone ever see this before?

Comment

About to come down and visit you guys and gals tomorrow for some bow hog fun so visited some of my swarm boxes today to refresh. Put some swarm commander liquid on a Qtip in a short section of plastic straw inside entrance. High 64 low 36 early for swarms but did see some visitors to one box so maybe they will like the bed and breakfast and decide to move in later on. They went in and came out fairly quick no pollen on their legs did see couple near box at same time. Sorry for crappy pix, excited over 2 bees but newbie with no bees and 10 swarm traps out it don't take much.
          Attached Files

Comment

Getting our first bees next week. Based on how much the wife has spent on "necessary accessories" this honey is going to cost me $500 a gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              I have to ask, have any of you seen the Bee Czar tv show?

I found it to be educational for the 1st show, the guy is interesting to say the least and sounds like the guy mentioned above.
              Check out his bee "business": https://ahbpa.org/
              If I aint mistaken, he was the guy that tried to make it illegal to beekeep in Tx unless they had a multiple hour course, taught by him. Cannot remember the politician that was in his court. Lina something if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                Plenty of drones in all of my bees.
                Really! Inspected two of my hives last week. One had Drones, the other had Drone cells, so its about to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Getting our first bees next week. Based on how much the wife has spent on "necessary accessories" this honey is going to cost me $500 a gallon.
                  You will learn, you dont get into beekeeping for the money

Comment

Has anyone used formic acid pro? How did it do?

Comment

Biggest removal I’ve done. Pounds and pounds of bees.

Comment

Building some swarm boxes as we speak. I know it is a little late being early April, however it has been colder than normal especially at night. Think things mat be running a little behind.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Building some swarm boxes as we speak. I know it is a little late being early April, however it has been colder than normal especially at night. Think things mat be running a little behind.

I’ve got 13 out for about a month now with no takers.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                            I have two hives, one is really full of bees and healthy, the other has not so many bees but seems healthy. Both obviously survived the sub-zero temps from 2021 winter and this winter with 2 back-to-back ice storms.
                            Yet, I opened the smaller the other day, it has some brood in it and moderate
                            honey levels but this hive doesn't seem to want to grow in numbers over the past couple years.
                            Anyone ever see this before?
                            ttt

Comment

How’s the swarm trapping going guys? I’ve caught 5 so far. I’ve never seen so many swarms on our property. Im going to move the three traps at the Deerlease home to see if I can catch 3 more.

Comment

Put a little bee pad down by the creek. Full sunlight most of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X