Found your pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
    Broadhead looks like a Magnus Black Hornet. A few years ago, I had a lone board come out to feeder, he was really jumpy & spooked. He finally gave me a broadside shot. I released, he spun, and I hit him directly in the forehead. All I saw was a hog running off with about 27" of arrow sticking out his head. No blood, he ran into some thick stuff, but I decided not to follow
    Well we found him. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      But yes, generally a shoulder hit pig that survives will show little evidence of the hit within a couple of days. A face shot animal has a good chance of suffering a slow death.
      Speculation, at best.

Comment

Looks like a Simmons to me. Maybe a tree shark?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Speculation, at best.
          No, personal experience.

Comment

A head shot kill zone is tiny compared to a shoulder shot. Let’s be realistic. Those who have had luck with head shots are gambling on their next one.

Comment

I'm sure the pig didn't enjoy the second shot any more or less than the first one. Who really cares? Cool recovery either way.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                No, personal experience.
                I have personal experience to the contrary.

We're essentially talking about the "best way to make a mistake" here, ie margin for error.

You could make the argument that a 4" miss when taking a shoulder shot, has a better chance of killing the pig, lungs/heart/spine/etc.

And I could argue that it also has a greater chance of wounding the pig, guts/leg bone/"void"/etc...... as opposed to a 4" miss on a head shot which has just as good a chance at killing it, spine/jugular/ and more of a chance for a clean miss.

Of course, it's all semantics arguing how "big" a miss we're talking about, and on how big a pig, in what direction, and about 47 other different factors. My point all along was that it's not black and white which is more ethical because you can't know all of those factors when you "miss", or you wouldn't miss.

The point that it could somehow "**** off" a bowhunter that another bowhunter would take that shot, is still ridiculous at best, and hypocritical at it's core....because if the aim was to kill the animal as quickly and effectively as possible, then we'd all be shooting all these animals with some form of high powered rifle to start with, and most likely in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  A head shot kill zone is tiny compared to a shoulder shot. Let’s be realistic.
                  And the "marginal" area surrounding that kill zone is far smaller as well, giving a higher chance for a "true outcome" ie alive, or dead....and a smaller chance for a wounded critter. One that in this case, remained alive and by all accounts, healthy, for some time.

Comment

It's an interesting discussion and I realize my outlook is not everyone's, and I'm not asking anyone to change how they do it. I've just always seen that differently than most.

And because I know someone will I ask, I shoot 99% of them with a bow tight against the back of the shoulder.....unless they give me that perfect head shot and are quite calm. With a rifle, I shoot them all in the head, unless they are running, or I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
                      be sure and kill them rats and snakes in an "ethical manner"

maybe you should video it and post it to make sure everybody on this forum approves.
                      That's been done this week. Pig looked like a pin cushion and the OP cussed and stoned it till the pig passed out then got his throat cut with a spork

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        That's been done this week. Pig looked like a pin cushion and the OP cussed and stoned it till the pig passed out then got his throat cut with a spork

Lmfao at spork!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          I know people hate pigs but this just ****** me off. Maybe if the guy who shot him had a broad head stuck in his mouth for a few months he would think more about making an ethical shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          You fixin to get crucified Rat for daring to feel bad for a pig! Remember the Gut Shot Hog thread? Thankfully about 3/4 of the responses were in agreement with making ethical kill shots when possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Lmfao at spork!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And posted half a dozen videos to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              You fixin to get crucified Rat for daring to feel bad for a pig! Remember the Gut Shot Hog thread? Thankfully about 3/4 of the responses were in agreement with making ethical kill shots when possible.
                              This from a guy named "hogmauler"

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Sounds like I missed a good one. Is it still alive? The thread…not the pin cushion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X