Kansas or Iowa hunt for 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas or Iowa hunt for 2019?

I have decided to book an archery trip for next year in either Iowa or Kansas. I don't need a 180 inch monster, but something worth putting on the wall would be awesome. I'm interested in hearing pros/cons for one state or the other and for any referrals for lodges/outfitters in either state that you have had good experiences with.

I'm wide open on locations, dates, etc. Just want a nice place to spend a few days chasing bigger deer next season. Would like to be around $5k or less for the trip.

Thanks in advance for the advice/help!

No help, but if you’re looking to get a group rate possibly, I would be interested... just saying

Comment

You already have points built up for Iowa??

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        You already have points built up for Iowa??
        That would potentially be one of the barriers to the Iowa hunt for 2019. I have talked to a few outfitters who say there's a chance you get a tag on the first year but it is not likely. Might have to apply for both and go to Kansas 2019 and Iowa 2020.

Comment

First year draws go to DNR family members

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            First year draws go to DNR family members
            I have heard that exact same statement several times already while calling around!

Comment

Gonna be almost in possible to get a tag for Iowa unless you have a lot of points built up .. And Kansas is getting harder and harder each year to get drawn there

Comment

Working...
              X