Most private search engine or be UTR online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most private search engine or be UTR online

With all the crazy social dilemma stuff going on, and goggle, ect, tracking I.P address, searches. What search engine is the most private,
    Example I goggled up some braided stainless steel wire and now I am getting Amazon ad’s In my email!
    Any idea on best way to be totally UTR when online

I got zero social media ,FB , Twitter, IG

I use duck duck go as my search engine. It seems to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I use duck duck go as my search engine. It seems to help.
      The app ?

Comment

DuckDuckGo
        I have it on my phone (app) and on my computer. Works great. Only issue, not really a problem, is that it has a harder time auto-filling your text because it's not tracking your searches.
        I get very few ads now, and most of them have nothing to do with what I was searching for 5 minutes ago

Comment

Duck Duck Go. Silly name, but exactly what your looking for. Its been my search engine for a while now.

Comment

Duckduckgo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m gonna echo the others. Duck Duck Go. Google is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every paranoid person I know uses duck duck go.

Comment

DuckDuckGo. com seems like the one to use....

Comment

Yup...

I have to dig around to find Google these days..

Do the duck...................

Comment

Lol, turn your cookies off will help. That is what Google uses to optimize your search. Every site has cookies, and even if you use duck duck go, your browser will keep those cookies from the sites you visit. So if you go to a site that has lots of ads (Like Drudge Report), Drudge will read your cookies and give you custom tailored ads.

You need a complete new browser if you want to fully eliminate it, and I don't think one exists yet. Chrome, Mozilla, etc...are what are tracking your cookies. Duck Duck Go just doesn't view your cookies to optimize the search.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Lol, turn your cookies off will help. That is what Google uses to optimize your search. Every site has cookies, and even if you use duck duck go, your browser will keep those cookies from the sites you visit. So if you go to a site that has lots of ads (Like Drudge Report), Drudge will read your cookies and give you custom tailored ads.

You need a complete new browser if you want to fully eliminate it, and I don't think one exists yet. Chrome, Mozilla, etc...are what are tracking your cookies. Duck Duck Go just doesn't view your cookies to optimize the search.
                        Yep hard to block cookies
                        Example after turning off cookies, this site wouldn’t allow me to post, turned them on and I am back in business

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Yep hard to block cookies
                          Example after turning off cookies, this site wouldn’t allow me to post, turned them on and I am back in business
                          Agreed. Makes you wonder what that cookie was tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                            DuckDuckGo
                            I have it on my phone (app) and on my computer. Works great. Only issue, not really a problem, is that it has a harder time auto-filling your text because it's not tracking your searches.
                            I get very few ads now, and most of them have nothing to do with what I was searching for 5 minutes ago
                            Same. Moved away from Google last summer.

Comment

Ol man rant ...i think duck duck go has so much potential finding that niche everyone was looking for when they did...but got dang why did they pick the stupidest got dang name in the world?? Always felt like that is slowing down their success. (Steps of metamucil box)

Comment

Working...
                              X