X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion – 7 of 7
    "COME"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 10:1-13:16, Jeremiah 46:13-28, Luke 2:22-24, John 19:31-37)

These two stories above are based on the fact that Abraham is the father of the circumcised and the father of the uncircumcised. Abraham was uncircumcised when he received the Covenant/Gospel of Yeshua. When people receive salvation they enter the Abrahamic Covenant uncircumcised just as Abraham was. It was not until thirteen years later, after having received that Covenant that Yahweh introduced the sign of that covenant to Abraham, which is circumcision. It was not until then that Abraham circumcised himself along with his entire household. Circumcision is not the actual Covenant itself; it is the sign of that Covenant given to Abraham as we see in Genesis 15 and 17. This is why Timothy and Titus could sit at the same table together with other believers and enjoy the Passover.

Romans 4:11-12 “That he [Abraham] might be the father of all those who believe [in the Covenant/Gospel of Yeshua], though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.” (Galatians 3:7-8, 29; Hebrews 2:2:10-3:6; Romans 4:9-18).

Consecration of the Firstborn

Exodus 4:22-23 “Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says Yahweh: Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.’”

Observing the Passover (and the Feast of Unleavened Bread) is the consecration of the firstborn son Israel. It is a sign to all who have been grafted into Israel. This also includes believers, as believers are part of Israel through Yeshua, the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 43:15). As Israel, we are called His firstborn, and as firstborn we are to keep the Passover each year at its appointed time, preserving it as a sign on our hand and as a memorial between our eyes.

Exodus 13:8-10, 12-16 “And you shall tell your son in that day, saying, ‘This is done because of what Yahweh did for me when I came up from Egypt. It shall be as a sign to you on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that Yahweh’s law may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand Yahweh has brought you out of Egypt. You shall therefore keep this ordinance in its season from year to year.”

“You shall set apart to Yahweh all that open the womb, every firstborn that comes from an animal; the males shall be Yahweh’s. But every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. And all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.”

“So it shall be, when your son asks you in time to come, saying, ‘What is this?’ that you shall say to him, ‘By strength of hand Yahweh brought us out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. And it came to pass, when Pharaoh was stubborn about letting us go, that Yahweh killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man and the firstborn of beast. Therefore I sacrifice to Yahweh all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem. It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand Yahweh brought us out of Egypt.’”

The story of the Exodus is for the redemption of the firstborn. The Exodus led by Moses is a type and shadow of our Exodus today. Their deliverance speaks of our deliverance. The Deliverer and Redeemer, Yeshua, has prepared the way for us. We know the way, as He gave it to Moses to tell us. The way is called the Gospel (John 5:46-47).

John 14:4 “And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Yeshua is returning for His firstborn, His Bride in waiting, the one who upholds His word in His appointed seasons and times. The full redemption of His Bride not only results in a wedding, but also ushers in the millennial Kingdom. When we choose to enter into His Feast Days we are clothing ourselves with the imperishable and being fitted with immortality. The mitre, a gold plate on the High Priest’s forehead, is part of the priestly garment, which read “Holy unto Yahweh.” This is also the sign that distinguishes the Bride in the end days. The firstborn are being prepared to be a Bride and a priest. We are called Holy unto Yahweh when we walk in His ways and keep His Feasts (Exodus 28:36; 1 Corinthians 9:25; 15: 53-54; Revelation 20:4).

Romans 8:28-31 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God[John 14:15], to those who are the called according to His purpose[Psa 40:8]. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”

1 Corinthians 15:53 “For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.”

1 Peter 1:22-23 “Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth[Psalms 119:142] so that you have sincere love[John 14:15] for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart[Jer 31:31-33, Heb 8:8-10]. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X