Brown Bear back from Taxi...need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Bear back from Taxi...need advice

So I got my bear back from my Alaska trip ( https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=770586 )
    Just received it from Reno and very happy with the work.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Trophy Uncrate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	586.1 KB
ID:	25238256

Here's my dilemma, the bear doesn't quite fit. Wondering what you guys would do. I have agreed to keep most of my trophies in my office, per wife's request. I converted a closet space to make a display area for my brown bear. I knew it would be tight, but it was the best I could do given my limited space.

Name:	Conversion1.jpg
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	25238259

Name:	Coversion3.jpg
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	25238260

I gave the taxi the dimensions and they said they could pretty much work it out but it'd be tight. Anyway, it's taller than what I'd built for. That top piece of wood trim is hitting the brow of the bear.

Name:	Trophy Self.jpg
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	25238261

Name:	Trophy2.jpg
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	25238258.
    Would ya'll just remove the trim piece and leave the bear in there? Or, take the deer and aoudad I have in the corner, put them on the wall in my bear display and put the bear in that corner. It'll fit. My dad suggested just finding a way to flatten the base by about 5 inches (have the base rebuilt) so I could keep the trim. Still not sure that would give me a clear view of the entire head. I think the view of it looks cool from my desk and I hope I can keep it in the display area but don't want it to look ridiculous.

I was just taken a bit off guard by how big it is. Didn't expect that it would eat quite that much space. My wife and daughters think it's hideous either way so I wanted to get sportsmen's opinion. Appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Chainsaw...cut his legs off.

Comment

I would work with redoing the pedestal before I move the bear out of its spot and redoing the trim. Bear looks great.

Comment

Take the wooden part of the base off.

Comment

Beastmode.....[emoji2483]....cut down the base like your dad suggested!!!! Stick with the plan.[emoji199]
          Yall shooting in the HSC pheasant shoot in Waller???

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Beastmode.....[emoji2483]....cut down the base like your dad suggested!!!! Stick with the plan.[emoji199]
              Yall shooting in the HSC pheasant shoot in Waller???

No, thought about it. We shot at the Big Easy last month. He's shooting up North somewhere next month so we are taking it easy.

Comment

Nice bear.

+1 on the base as first option.

Comment

Supercool! Congrats again!!

Comment

Dang son! You barely have room for your desk!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                      No, thought about it. We shot at the Big Easy last month. He's shooting up North somewhere next month so we are taking it easy.
                      Niiiiice!!! [emoji106] He don't mess around when it's birds to be killed. Between the base and that trim you should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Dang son! You barely have room for your desk!
                        I know man. It's crazy. But it's all I have room for now, at least until this last kid goes off to college and we can move. Next house I build will definitely have a dedicated trophy room.

Comment

Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there and not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.

Comment

Lose the wooden base !
                            Put the habitat directly on the floor.

Comment

I'm guessing these are stock taxidermy bases that they order? Will reach out to a taxi tomorrow to see if I can get one custom. If not, will try to find a carpenter.

Comment

Working...
                              X