Home made kayak rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made kayak rack

Instead of paying $500 for a kayak rack.

My wife and I bought our new camper recently so we needed a away to still haul our yaks around. So we redneck engineered a pvc yack rack, so we could still haul our kayaks around. We are heading up to mt. Fork ok. in the morning. Took for a test ride and let me say she’s perfect no wind catching bouncing around she’s the perfect rack for us so we can pack up under the kayaks if need be. 12ft up top, 10ft under the bottom with a 65qt tan Yukon up under to we’re strap holds bottom yak to open the tail gate and yak not fall. We spent under $200 and spent about 2-3 hrs building up as we went and found the best solution for us. Sometimes it’s way cheaper to do your own, besides we can take it out the truck and store our yaks in the garage out the weather when not in use all together ok the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done!

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

Nice design!

Comment

I made one pretty close to this a while back. I used turnbuckles in the bed to hook it to the cleats in the truck.

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

Good thinking

Comment

Few pics from the blessed weekend. It was some much needed relaxation time.

Comment

good deal

Comment

Working...
                    X