No announcement yet.

RVing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Lake in Cold Spring is close to you as well as Huntsville, Cagle, and Lake Livingston. We enjoyed Canyon of the Eagles. Broken Bow in Oklahoma is a great place to go, about a 6 hour drive for you, although their reservation system is goofy. Lot of great parks in the Texas State Park system.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      That sucks! But
      I don’t think your jacks will live long doing test pulls.

I guess I would raise them a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just took our new Apex to El Campo this weekend and I agree, the Lost Lagoon is a cool place. Big pull through spots just not a tree on the place. Make sure you have a canopy with you.

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
          Just by coincidence this thread shows up. I visited Camping World today after getting my wire to agree to an RV for my family. I have 3 sons, all over 21. But we love the coast and adventuring out on the lakes fishing. I am following this thread closely. I will be retiring from teacher/ coaching. This is definitely my last school year. And I will be collecting information, pricing, size preference, etc. for the next 4 months. Hoping to pull the trigger next spring. All the information on locations was very good. Now I am wanting to learn more do this and don't do that information. I will be pulling 26-28-30 footer with my 2017 F250. Thanks for all the good info.

Following--
          That's what we said when we first started shopping. Ended up with a 38' Jayco.

Comment

Just by coincidence this thread shows up. I visited Camping World today after getting my wire to agree to an RV for my family. I have 3 sons, all over 21. But we love the coast and adventuring out on the lakes fishing. I am following this thread closely. I will be retiring from teacher/ coaching. This is definitely my last school year. And I will be collecting information, pricing, size preference, etc. for the next 4 months. Hoping to pull the trigger next spring. All the information on locations was very good. Now I am wanting to learn more do this and don't do that information. I will be pulling 26-28-30 footer with my 2017 F250. Thanks for all the good info.

Following--
            I would go 5th wheel/goose neck. I have a 31BHSS and love the camper but, pulling it sucks, relatively speaking. I have buddies that are big campers and will never go back to bumper pulls.

Comment

Wife and I are getting a trailer next year as we are preparing to hit the road due to Empty Nest, plus I am FT telecommuter. We just picked up the new F250 last week and looking at trailer floorplans now.

Comment

Any State park the wife and I have been to have all been nice.

Comment

Cameron County and Nueces County closed their county RV parks. Boo! I wanna hit the surf with the kiddos. A 200+ one day spike in returned positive COVID tests sure causes alot of sphincters to ratchet public facilities to close.

Florida has bluer water and might get my money instead.

Comment

Took our rig out for the first time. Still learning about how it all works but we had a great weekend. Went to Schreiner Park in Kerrville. Definitely plan to go back to see more of the park.

Comment

Took the Apex to Splashway this last weekend and was a nice location. Been to the waterpark several times but never to the rv side. Good food, live music, plenty of outdoor games for the kids to do when not at the waterpark. Are going to be staying in Open Air Resorts in Spicewood this weekend for Labor Day. Will report back with information.

Comment

Went to Houston County a couple weeks ago. It was good! Nice and shady.
                        Attached Files
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Following--
                          First rule of the RV way of life: Avoid Camping World

We've done a couple of short trips, but taking the first big one next wqeek to Colorado.

Comment

Ttt, were on lake o the pines til next Saturday. Have my son and 4 nephew's in tow. Gonna put out some flathead lines and trotlines. Then my brother in law is here with livescope. Gonna be a great time!
                            Attached Files

Comment

In with the new

Out with the old

We’ll be at San Luis pass county park Memorial weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                                In with the new

Out with the old

We’ll be at San Luis pass county park Memorial weekend!

Nice upgrade Sir! Y’all enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X